+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Project VC-S MK2 RCM - Review

Bigman80 Guest

Had a chat with the supplier (Juno.co.uk) and they also think that something isn't quite right and have suggested I return it and they will send me a replacement. Very pleased with their attitude and customer service. I'll update the thread when I get the new one!

Thanks for the feedback fellas, I'd have stuck it out as I didn't know any better. Hopefully the new one is up to scratch.

I'm Mike.

I s'pose different machines have different levels of suction, but my VPI 16.5 needs only two rotations max. (and is specified for such). I've found that regardless of individual method adopted, two things are paramount, apart from using enough fluid. The soak (2 minutes +) and the rest after vacuuming to fully dry the record by evaporation (1 min. upwards depending on ambient temp. and fluid mix used).

I'm Kevin.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Had a chat with the supplier (Juno.co.uk) and they also think that something isn't quite right and have suggested I return it and they will send me a replacement. Very pleased with their attitude and customer service. I'll update the thread when I get the new one!

Thanks for the feedback fellas, I'd have stuck it out as I didn't know any better. Hopefully the new one is up to scratch.
    I hope it works better than the first one.
    20 rotations is just going to build up static (and wear out the fabric on the arm) in no time.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

Bigman80 Guest

I agree, Kevin. If it's no better it'll go back and I'll get something else.
    Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    I hope it works better than the first one.
    20 rotations is just going to build up static (and wear out the fabric on the arm) in no time.

I'm Clive.

I appear to be looking at an old thread but I think my experiences with a Mk1 Pro-Ject RCM will interest some of you. I use the Art du Son fluid and have found it excellent. I had cleaned about 100 records and in March this year wanted to clean a new record but my machine motor went very, very noisy (sounds like the motor brushes have failed). So that has gone back to Henley Designs and I now have the Mk2. The machine is significantly quieter than the original and the vacuum is better. Using the Art du Son I have found that the record will dry in 2 revolutions, 1 each way. I leave the record sitting on the small platter for about 30 seconds so that the very small amount of fluid left evaporates completely. An excellent machine which is good value for money and can be obtained for about £300.
    SOURCE:OPPO UDP-205 BluRay, SkyQ, Technics SL1210M5G/HexMat Eclipse/MN Bearing/Origin Live Gravity One puck/Isonoes with Boots/Jelco TK-850S Tonearm/Hana Umami Blue, PS Audio Stellar Phonostage. I also have an AT-OC9XSH as a spare cartridge.
    AMPLIFIER: Bryston BR-20 Pre/DAC/Streamer & Bryston 4B3 Power Amplifier
    SPEAKERS: Spendor D7 on Iso-Acoustics Gaia III’s
    HEADPHONES: OPPO PM-1 with Atlas Zeno cable, B&W Pi7 S2 and B&W C5 v2.
    CABLES: Analogue: Speaker Atlas Mavros Grun. Interconnect - Atlas Mavros XLR x3, MCRU Silver Tonearm cable
    Digital:Audioquest Carbon Ethernet x 4, Audioquest Carbon digital, English Electric 8Switch, Chord Optichord, Atlas Optical.
    Mains: PS Audio Perfectwave AC-05 x 5, Isol-8 Powerline Extreme with Quantum Science yellow fuse on input cable, Sounds Fantastic 6way Mains Blocks.
    STORAGE: Synology DS216J NAS with 2 x 3Tb WD Red hard-drives. Samsung 500Gb SSD.
    TV LG55B7 OLED

I'm Slav.

Fully agree , I've had MK1 which was good and quite now I use MK2 and it's excellent value for money , I've must have cleaned 300-400 records so far with no issues

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mac72 View Post
    Fully agree , I've had MK1 which was good and quite now I use MK2 and it's excellent value for money , I've must have cleaned 300-400 records so far with no issues
    This is good to hear. I had two of these and neither worked properly. The Okki Noki i bought to replace it really showed the way in terms of performance in comparison

I'm Robin.

Thinking of buying one of these myself.
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123