+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Project VC-S MK2 RCM - Review

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Moses View Post
    Small alan key under the bottom clamp (you may have to unscrew the bottom clamp to get to it) it shouldn't take that many revs to dry, you could be adding static
    Well, I thought it seemed a little long winded and watched a few YouTube Vids to see how everyone else fared. I'll have a look at that later. Cheers matey!

I'm Kevin.

20 revolutions?
    I am glad I have an Okki Nokki mk2. Just over one revolution each way and I have a dry record.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

Bigman80 Guest

Well, based on the fact there an adjustment that may contribute to its effectiveness, I may end up replacing the numbers I've quoted. Enjoy the Okki Nokki.
    Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    20 revolutions?
    I am glad I have an Okki Nokki mk2. Just over one revolution each way and I have a dry record.

I'm Kevin.

If the vacuum arm makes good contact, then how will dropping the spindle help?
    What solution are you using to clean the records?
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    If the vacuum arm makes good contact, then how will dropping the spindle help?
    What solution are you using to clean the records?
    Well, I think it is making good contact but having read Neil's suggestion I looked about online. A few people have said the same thing so there might be something in it. Maybe it's not quite level or something. I'll have a closer look later.

I'm using the concentrate Project "Wash-it" solution diluted with water. It came with the unit.

I'm Grant.

The moth dries in one turn, although I give it 2 usually. certainly shouldnt take any more than 2 or 3.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Simon.

It shouldn't take 20 revolutions to dry. I've had mine since the 2nd batch back in March 2017 and it has always taken no more than 4-6 max. I usually have it vacuum for 2 revolutions each direction and it does the job. If I've put too much fluid on, I'll do 1 extra pass each way and that sorts it.

BTW, not sure if the wash-it fluid is still the same mix but I know they had to change it as it was causing customs issues. I believe the batch mine is from contains no isopropyl. I chucked it away and instead used some of The Right One fluid which is excellent stuff.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Simon_LDT View Post
    It shouldn't take 20 revolutions to dry. I've had mine since the 2nd batch back in March 2017 and it has always taken no more than 4-6 max. I usually have it vacuum for 2 revolutions each direction and it does the job. If I've put too much fluid on, I'll do 1 extra pass each way and that sorts it.

BTW, not sure if the wash-it fluid is still the same mix but I know they had to change it as it was causing customs issues. I believe the batch mine is from contains no isopropyl. I chucked it away and instead used some of The Right One fluid which is excellent stuff.
    Thanks Simon. I'm going to Do a video later so everyone can see what is happening. I'm starting to wonder if it needs to go back. Regardless of how well it cleans in the end, if it's not doing it correctly I will return it.

I'm Julian.

Oliver - did you watch the distributor's demo video?

They just do one revolution each way ...

Looks like your machine has an issue!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRW3_Bwi7JU
    Sonore Rendu - Cambridge Audio Edge W - Sonus Faber Venere 2.5

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by julesd68 View Post
    Oliver - did you watch the distributor's demo video?

They just do one revolution each way ...

Looks like your machine has an issue!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRW3_Bwi7JU
    Ah, shit. It does look like that doesn't it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast