+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Project VC-S MK2 RCM - Review

Bigman80 Guest

Default Project VC-S MK2 RCM - Review

Well, you're probably wondering why there's a picture of an Okki Nokki instead of the Pro-Ject VC-S MK2

I'll explain,

The first unit arrived from Juno and was quickly review as being very good. Unfortunately, my very limited experience of RCMs meant I'd not realised there was an issue with the vacuum function. The lps were taking 10 to 20 rotations to remove the cleaning fluid and regardless of adjustment to the platter height, I couldn't get it to function any better.

I returned the unit and a replacement was sent. This one arrived damaged to a corner and I then reluctantly agreed to a partial refund to keep the unit. I set it up and cleaned a couple of records. The vacuum was strong and it was touch dry in 3-4 rotations. However, there was an issue. The spindle was loose. The records rock back and forth and side to side. I contacted Juno and informed them of this. A full refund was offered but no replacement was offered. Obviously they didn't want to keep paying postage in both directions and then having faulty stock to shift so I agreed the refund.

I decided to get some advice on where to go next. The recommendation was the Okki Nokki MK2. I bought one (£435 at HiFiX) and it's cleaned 30 lps without issue. Record is dry on 3 rotations and I'm over the moon with it. Well worth saving up a bit extra.

Everything from the packaging to the build quality is better. I wholeheartedly recommend getting an Okki Nokki.

I won't touch anything else from Pro-Ject. More trouble than it's worth.

Juno.co.uk, were fantastic.
    Last edited by Bigman80; 30-05-2018 at 17:28.

I'm sorted.

Got one of those for Xmas, I found it a little messy (or maybe that's just me) but effective.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    Got one of those for Xmas, I found it a little messy (or maybe that's just me) but effective.
    Messy when I put too much fluid on but when I get that right it's spot on. Very effective.

I'm Julian.

You shouldn't leave records out of their sleeves like that - they'll get dusty you know ...
    Sonore Rendu - Cambridge Audio Edge W - Sonus Faber Venere 2.5

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by julesd68 View Post
    You shouldn't leave records out of their sleeves like that - they'll get dusty you know ...
    I'll have to clean it!!!

I'm Grant.

A good rcm is an absolute must if your serious about records. My moth is still going strong and cost nothing on parts etc since I got it many years ago. Making your own fluid reduces costs further
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    A good rcm is an absolute must if your serious about records. My moth is still going strong and cost nothing on parts etc since I got it many years ago. Making your own fluid reduces costs further
    You're right Grant. I hadnt realised how important it is to have one untill I started spinning some clean vinyl. I won't be without one again!

I'm Neil.

The best way I found with mine is to drop the spindle to it's lowest level, 2/3 revolutions and the records dry
    Rega RP8, Rega Ania MC Cart
    Moded Lenco GL75, Jelco 750D, Denon 103
    DIY Transcendent Sound Phono, Firebottle OTP II Phono
    The Truth Linestage
    Firebottle AIR
    DIY Matteis Aspen HDL with Jordan Eikona 2 drivers
    Usher Dancer Mini 2

Bigman80 Guest

Drop the spindle? Do tell!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Moses View Post
    The best way I found with mine is to drop the spindle to it's lowest level, 2/3 revolutions and the records dry

I'm Neil.

Small alan key under the bottom clamp (you may have to unscrew the bottom clamp to get to it) it shouldn't take that many revs to dry, you could be adding static
    Rega RP8, Rega Ania MC Cart
    Moded Lenco GL75, Jelco 750D, Denon 103
    DIY Transcendent Sound Phono, Firebottle OTP II Phono
    The Truth Linestage
    Firebottle AIR
    DIY Matteis Aspen HDL with Jordan Eikona 2 drivers
    Usher Dancer Mini 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast