+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Another 'binary' test.

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharos View Post
    Does anyone else have difficulty with understanding some speech by younger people, the formants having changed very much over the last few decades?
    Nope. But maybe that's because there's been younger people in our house for many years, or because I've been a student, and thus around younger people for the past five years. Women's voices do seem to be getting deeper, though. Maybe it's because they smoke more.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Nope. But maybe that's because there's been younger people in our house for many years, or because I've been a student, and thus around younger people for the past five years. Women's voices do seem to be getting deeper, though. Maybe it's because they smoke more.
    Women's voices in general, or those that you know personally?
    Barry

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Women's voices in general, or those that you know personally?
    Younger women's voices in general. More specifically, those of young female university students. There have always been women with 'husky' voices, but these days they form the majority of those I hear.

I'm Steve.

I too find that increasing numbers of women have deeper voices, and their hands have been getting bigger too. Or maybe it's just the clubs I frequent
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    I too find that increasing numbers of women have deeper voices, and their hands have been getting bigger too. Or maybe it's just the clubs I frequent
    There's one goes in my local. Calls herself Dave.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234