+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Going On A Diet

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    I am in my third week of the diet and have lost just over half a stone which I'm pretty happy with and a couple of inches off the waistline

I felt a bit rough for a couple of days in the first week but now I'm actually finding it pretty easy and on about 600-800 calories a day and because of being in Ketosis I am not hungry
    Good on yer Bev, you have a lot more willpower than me.

The problem is that I know dieting is good, but Bounty bars and ice cream are better I've told Mrs. P that I only eat this stuff if it's there, so if she stops buying them I'll stop eating them.

I know what she's thinking, Way to a man's heart etc. I need some tough love!

What's Ketosis? do Kelloggs make it?
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm malcolm.

Never mind a diet, my dairy intolerance does a good job of keeping my weight down.
    Audiophile Tosher

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

I've had to stop my LighterLife diet as it's just so boring, you don't eat any normal food, just the LighterLife packs and they really don't taste very nice. LighterLife is also very expensive at £60+ per week

I made my mind up to stop it as last week I only lost 1lb and that was sticking to it religiously

I have now started my own very low carb diet, similar to Atkins I guess, which means I can eat normal food again. I had a nice salad last night which was lovely after 3 weeks of packet food

I should get into full Ketosis within a couple of days which means the weight should come off quite easily
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Martin.

I think the ketogenic based diets are the answer. The right things where the weight comes off more gradually together with increased exercise. I think you have to enjoy eating and gradually reduce weight

I was flicking through the Hairy Dieters book (Im not really a fan) and It looks like a banquet in there of recipies you can eat. Im struggling to see how that is a diet but I suppose if they are healthier cooked foods then the weight does come off with a reasonable intake of food.

Fasting and barely eating anything doesnt last long with me. I can manage about two days but will then binge so its no good really.

I fancy a chocolate trifle that I saw in the shop yesterday. Thou shalt deliver us from temptation
    Last edited by Minstrel SE; 13-06-2018 at 20:42.

Quote Originally Posted by Minstrel SE View Post
    I think the ketosis based diets are the answer. I think you have to eat good things but the right things and the weight comes off more gradually together with increased exercise. I think you have to enjoy eating and gradually reduce weight
    I was flicking through the Hairy Dieters book (Im not really a fan) book and It looks like a banquet in there of recipies you can eat. Im struggling to see how that is a diet but I suppose if they are healthier cooked foods then the weight does come off with a reasonable intake of food.
    I agree Martin

Exercise wise I've just purchased a really good elliptical trainer for use at home... I won it on eBay for just £5.50 !! it's well over £300 new and it was just a couple of miles away so picked it up last night

My other exercise is my bike but as it's electric I don't get as much as a normal bike but I still have to pedal so it will help as well

It's just really nice to eat 'normal' food again
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Paul.

Hi Bev, please be careful when exercising while on a diet that alters your metabolism. Take it real easy at first and adjust into it slowly. Also be aware that if you increase your exercise you might initially gain weight as your muscles build themselves up in order to accommodate an increase in physical demand. This weight gain is good, not bad, you will still be depleting your fat reserves.

Well done, hope you keep it up, it’s not easy.
    ~Paul~

Quote Originally Posted by Primalsea View Post
    Hi Bev, please be careful when exercising while on a diet that alters your metabolism. Take it real easy at first and adjust into it slowly. Also be aware that if you increase your exercise you might initially gain weight as your muscles build themselves up in order to accommodate an increase in physical demand. This weight gain is good, not bad, you will still be depleting your fat reserves.

Well done, hope you keep it up, it’s not easy.
    Thanks Paul for the info... I will indeed take it very easy at first

I agree muscle build up is good and if I gain weight because of it that's just fine as long as the measurements (top, tum etc) are getting better
    Bev

I'm Geoff.

Hmm. Weighed myself earlier and I'm approaching twelve stone. I was ten and a half at christmas. It's probably because I've packed up smoking. Will eat less!

Well I've lost just over a stone but seem to have plateaued a bit

I've had little or no carbs and/or anything sweet for weeks now and I don't miss either at all so finding my new diet as easy as

I am sure I will start to loose more weight soon

Am going to start playing badminton again so I'm sure that will help as well
    Bev

I'm Geoff.

Three quarters of a stone gone in a month without really trying. All I've done is up the fruit 'n veg intake. Just over 11 stone now, was nearly twelve not far back. Remember, I'm not a big guy and should be around ten and a half stone.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast