+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Going On A Diet

I'm Steve.

A few years ago I bought my stepdad a George Foreman grill for Christmas. I thought it may help cut down the fat in his diet.

A couple of weeks later I asked him how he was doing with it.

"Great," he said. I grilled a steak on it and then later I took the fat that was collected on that little tray and made myself a dripping butty - I've not had one of them since I was a kid!"

There's no helping some people.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    A few years ago I bought my stepdad a George Foreman grill for Christmas. I thought it may help cut down the fat in his diet.

A couple of weeks later I asked him how he was doing with it.

"Great," he said. I grilled a steak on it and then later I took the fat that was collected on that little tray and made myself a dripping butty - I've not had one of them since I was a kid!"

There's no helping some people.
    Ooh that sounds yummy
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieoftheday View Post
    No steak or butter??? Mmm steak with garlic butter
    no steak...bad boy... use colesterol busting marg... some of its ok, and will help. butter only occasionally, ... either you want to be healthier or you dont... might as well go the whole hog; its that or the operating table
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieoftheday View Post
    No steak or butter??? Mmm steak with garlic butter
    yes but I play at it in silly ways. I feel good that I havent been buying butter but stuff myself with biscuits and cakes.

Recently its been beer and lots of crisps and biscuits....a packet of fig rolls has been going down fast...well four packets over the days as they are 40p each

I fancy a ham sandwich now with mayonaise, wholegrain and honey mustard Mayonaise can be the spreader as its better than butter...probably not

Seriously Im not eating much for a few days

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    no steak...bad boy... use colesterol busting marg... some of its ok, and will help. butter only occasionally, ... either you want to be healthier or you dont... might as well go the whole hog; its that or the operating table
    Had a fantastic steak the other week with garlic butter and king prawns and fries
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Ian.

I've just finished a two week course of Co-amoxiclav and I can tell you it's a very effective way of losing weight very quickly. The downside is it makes you feel like you've been Dyno-rodded lol
    Turntable
    Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774/Van Damme cable with MS Starline plugs/Ortofon Quintet Black
    CD
    Cambridge CXC transport/modified Musical Fidelity X-DAC/modified Musical Fidelity X-10 V3 tube buffer
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Denon HA-500 head amp/Nakamichi CA-5E pre-amp/Chinese passive RVC/Proton AA-1150 DMC power amp
    Speakers
    Mordaunt Short Signifer on original factory stands
    Cables
    Mogami with Rean Neutrik plugs/NVA LS5
    Headphones
    Sennheiser HD600/Sennheiser HD650/Koss Pro4 AA

I'm Geoff.

I've been on that a few times. Can't say I noticed any untoward effects.

I'm Martin.

It's all just calories in vs calories out when it comes down to it.

High protein diet and cut out the simple carbohydrates as much as possible, the high protein will make you feel full. And don't cut out the fat. Eating fat doesn't make you fat, but eating a low fat diet will reduce your serotonin levels and make you miserable.
    So steer clear of that shitty margarine stuff and eat proper butter and drink blue top milk. Eating steak is fine, recommended even, but eat it with veg, not chips.

Have a brisk walk every day regardless of weather, at least 2 miles, that gets the whole system moving. Try to stay around 1500 calories a day, and the weight will just fall off you.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Clive.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    It's all just calories in vs calories out when it comes down to it.

High protein diet and cut out the simple carbohydrates as much as possible, the high protein will make you feel full. And don't cut out the fat. Eating fat doesn't make you fat, but eating a low fat diet will reduce your serotonin levels and make you miserable.
    So steer clear of that shitty margarine stuff and eat proper butter and drink blue top milk. Eating steak is fine, recommended even, but eat it with veg, not chips.

Have a brisk walk every day regardless of weather, at least 2 miles, that gets the whole system moving. Try to stay around 1500 calories a day, and the weight will just fall off you.
    I very much agree with this. There's nothing wrong with fat as long as you don't eat loads of it. Full fat yogurt, butter etc are fine. For me sugar is the bigger issue and with sugar I include refined carbs as they turn to sugar in our bodies and without accompanying fibre they turn to fat as they are processed very quickly, before we can use that energy.

3 years ago I went of a 5-2 diet where I had strict calorie control for 2 days and sensible but more normal eating for the other 5 days. I did however cut out a lot of sugar intake and refined carbs such as bread, pasta and rice. I used to eat toast & marmalade for breakfast and a sandwich for lunch. I've not eaten a sandwich now in over 3 years. Over 4 months I lost 2st. I then came off the 5-2 and maintained the change in diet, ie very little refined carbs (chips once every 2 weeks) and reduced sugar. In the time since I've lost another 4lbs and at times I have to make an effort to keep my weight up - this usually involves beer. Seriously, if I don't have around 6 or 8 bottles of beer over a week I lose weight. It's a hard life! I make my own full fat yogurt and have this daily for breakfast with fruit, I find this helps my digestion.

Our metabolisms vary so we all need to find what works for ourselves. Certainly avoid low fat rubbish with added sugar!
    TT 1 Trans-Fi Salvation with magnetic bearing + Trans-Fi Terminator T3Pro + London Reference
    TT 2 Garrard 301 with NWA main bearing + Audiomods Series Six 10.5" + Ortofon 2M Mono SE
    Digital Lindemann Bridge + Gustard R26 with LB external clock
    Pre and Power Amp EWA M40P + M40A
    Bass Amp & DSP Behringer iNuke NU3000DSP x 2
    Speakers 1 Bastanis Sagarmatha Duo with twin baffleless 15" bass drivers per side
    Speakers 2 MarkaudioSota Viotti Tower

I'm Martin.

Right thats it the diet has started after two days of fasting.

No bread, no cheese, NO CRISPS, no biscuits, sweets or cakes, no beer, no spread fillers like butter or mayonaise. No yoghurts and reduced dairy down to skimmed milk only. No products like pickled onions, condiments and sauces. anything that looks unnecessary is out

With increased exercise, that should pretty much do it over the next few months

The simple fact is that that are far too many food products that we just dont need and that are harmful to us. A massive slab of chocolate is just harmful in my view as all these processed puddings are. Crisps have become the ultimate convenience product but they are far from healthy eating

We become obsessed with fillers and slapping things in bread to bulk them out. Butter and cheese are just fats.

I have bought some mixed veg, nectarines, ham, tomatoes and some chicken sausages. I will get that down to lean chicken pieces, lean meats fruit and veg. A few potatoes as a natural filler.

I know eating is pleasureable but I didnt know when to stop...packets of things were getting eaten in one sitting and its just not on. Im feeling better already like I could start to run half a mile. The stomach tautens up nicely and the weight around my moobs has dropped already
    Last edited by Minstrel SE; 30-05-2018 at 21:54.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast