+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Going On A Diet

I'm Steve.

A few years ago I bought my stepdad a George Foreman grill for Christmas. I thought it may help cut down the fat in his diet.

A couple of weeks later I asked him how he was doing with it.

"Great," he said. I grilled a steak on it and then later I took the fat that was collected on that little tray and made myself a dripping butty - I've not had one of them since I was a kid!"

There's no helping some people.
    'I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested'

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    A few years ago I bought my stepdad a George Foreman grill for Christmas. I thought it may help cut down the fat in his diet.

A couple of weeks later I asked him how he was doing with it.

"Great," he said. I grilled a steak on it and then later I took the fat that was collected on that little tray and made myself a dripping butty - I've not had one of them since I was a kid!"

There's no helping some people.
    Ooh that sounds yummy
    cambridge audio azur 651w power amp, novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, tannoy dc4t]
    , van damme blue series interconnects, van damme studio blue 4mm speaker cable, klotz mc 5000 ,klotz silver hybrid, thanks Brian, fisual hollywood optical cable,, pioneer bdp170, akg k 550

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieoftheday View Post
    No steak or butter??? Mmm steak with garlic butter
    no steak...bad boy... use colesterol busting marg... some of its ok, and will help. butter only occasionally, ... either you want to be healthier or you dont... might as well go the whole hog; its that or the operating table
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/M55E/EMOTIVA XPS1 - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP - TWIN AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTHS - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER24, DEEZER HiFi - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - RPI/AUDIOPHONICS - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN/Q ACOUSTIC BT3/CANTON SUB - P.INSPIRED MAINS REGENERATED.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieoftheday View Post
    No steak or butter??? Mmm steak with garlic butter
    yes but I play at it in silly ways. I feel good that I havent been buying butter but stuff myself with biscuits and cakes.

Recently its been beer and lots of crisps and biscuits....a packet of fig rolls has been going down fast...well four packets over the days as they are 40p each

I fancy a ham sandwich now with mayonaise, wholegrain and honey mustard Mayonaise can be the spreader as its better than butter...probably not

Seriously Im not eating much for a few days

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    no steak...bad boy... use colesterol busting marg... some of its ok, and will help. butter only occasionally, ... either you want to be healthier or you dont... might as well go the whole hog; its that or the operating table
    Had a fantastic steak the other week with garlic butter and king prawns and fries
    cambridge audio azur 651w power amp, novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, tannoy dc4t]
    , van damme blue series interconnects, van damme studio blue 4mm speaker cable, klotz mc 5000 ,klotz silver hybrid, thanks Brian, fisual hollywood optical cable,, pioneer bdp170, akg k 550

I'm Ian.

I've just finished a two week course of Co-amoxiclav and I can tell you it's a very effective way of losing weight very quickly. The downside is it makes you feel like you've been Dyno-rodded lol
    My stuff; Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774 /Ortofon Quintet Black, Cambridge CXC CD transport/Musical Fidelity X DAC/Musical Fidelity X10v3 tube buffer, Musical Fidelity A3, Nakamichi CA-5E pre amp, Acoustic Solutions FM/DAB tuner, Mordaunt Short Signifer, Klotz MC5000/MS audio, NVA LS5

I'm Geoff.

I've been on that a few times. Can't say I noticed any untoward effects.

I'm Martin.

It's all just calories in vs calories out when it comes down to it.

High protein diet and cut out the simple carbohydrates as much as possible, the high protein will make you feel full. And don't cut out the fat. Eating fat doesn't make you fat, but eating a low fat diet will reduce your serotonin levels and make you miserable.
    So steer clear of that shitty margarine stuff and eat proper butter and drink blue top milk. Eating steak is fine, recommended even, but eat it with veg, not chips.

Have a brisk walk every day regardless of weather, at least 2 miles, that gets the whole system moving. Try to stay around 1500 calories a day, and the weight will just fall off you.
    Martin

Current Lash Up:

Technics SL1200P CD Player * NVA P90SA passive pre / Krell KSA50S Power amp * JM Lab Electra 926 loudspeakers *

'The best I advice I ever received was to always remember that no-one else has any idea what they are doing either.'

I'm Clive.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    It's all just calories in vs calories out when it comes down to it.

High protein diet and cut out the simple carbohydrates as much as possible, the high protein will make you feel full. And don't cut out the fat. Eating fat doesn't make you fat, but eating a low fat diet will reduce your serotonin levels and make you miserable.
    So steer clear of that shitty margarine stuff and eat proper butter and drink blue top milk. Eating steak is fine, recommended even, but eat it with veg, not chips.

Have a brisk walk every day regardless of weather, at least 2 miles, that gets the whole system moving. Try to stay around 1500 calories a day, and the weight will just fall off you.
    I very much agree with this. There's nothing wrong with fat as long as you don't eat loads of it. Full fat yogurt, butter etc are fine. For me sugar is the bigger issue and with sugar I include refined carbs as they turn to sugar in our bodies and without accompanying fibre they turn to fat as they are processed very quickly, before we can use that energy.

3 years ago I went of a 5-2 diet where I had strict calorie control for 2 days and sensible but more normal eating for the other 5 days. I did however cut out a lot of sugar intake and refined carbs such as bread, pasta and rice. I used to eat toast & marmalade for breakfast and a sandwich for lunch. I've not eaten a sandwich now in over 3 years. Over 4 months I lost 2st. I then came off the 5-2 and maintained the change in diet, ie very little refined carbs (chips once every 2 weeks) and reduced sugar. In the time since I've lost another 4lbs and at times I have to make an effort to keep my weight up - this usually involves beer. Seriously, if I don't have around 6 or 8 bottles of beer over a week I lose weight. It's a hard life! I make my own full fat yogurt and have this daily for breakfast with fruit, I find this helps my digestion.

Our metabolisms vary so we all need to find what works for ourselves. Certainly avoid low fat rubbish with added sugar!
    TT 1 Trans-Fi Salvation with magnetic bearing + Trans-Fi Terminator T3Pro + London Reference
    TT 2 Garrard 301 with NWA main bearing + OL Encounter mkIII + Ortofon 2M Mono SE
    Digital Fanless i5 Skylake ASUS H110T Windows file server with HDPLEX LPS / Allo USBridge into Ciunas Audio ISO-DAC & Pi/DigiOne into Metrum Musette
    Preamp John Chapman's Slagleformer-based AVC-1
    Power Amp Temple Audio Monoblocks with Supercap LPS
    Bass Amp & DSP Behringer iNuke NU3000DSP x 2
    Speakers 1 Bastanis Sagarmatha Duo with twin baffleless 15" bass drivers per side
    Speakers 2 MarkaudioSota Viotti One

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234