+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Phonostage Bake-Off - 08/07/18 - Penkridge *NOW CONFIRMED*

I'm Guy.

Yes, checking the Eq accuracy may be a bit much for this occasion! But do try to match the outputs at line level.

Bigman80 Guest

We will do Guy, can't have a phonostage gaining a volume advantage!!!

Hopefully we see you there?
    Quote Originally Posted by pure sound View Post
    Yes, checking the Eq accuracy may be a bit much for this occasion! But do try to match the outputs at line level.

I'm Neil.

Default Phonostage Bake-Off - 08/07/18 - Penkridge *NOW CONFIRMED*

I could bring my LFD DLS pre as discussed. It also has 2x sets of LFD Grainless interconnects and an LFD power cable, which are a natural match. This is one very very transparent and dynamic preamp, which unlike my old Krell, cavernously deep and rich as it was, will easily highlight any difference in source components.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

Bigman80 Guest

Yes, we did discuss and yes, you should bring it. A little comparison with the Slagle AVC is of interest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yomanze View Post
    I could bring my LFD DLS pre as discussed. It also has 2x sets of LFD Grainless interconnects and an LFD power cable, which are a natural match. This is one very very transparent and dynamic preamp, which unlike my old Krell, cavernously deep and rich as it was, will easily highlight any difference in source components.

Bigman80 Guest

Still looking for the following

Paradise phonostage
    Vida phonostage
    Any LCR phonostages.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Phonostage Bakeoff at Penkridge Peace Memorial hall is now booked and CONFIRMED for 08/07/18.

Any kit will be welcome for the afternoon session so feel free to bring ANYTHING you want to. We can cobble a few systems together and see how we get on.

Address:-

Peace Memorial Hall,
    Pinfold Lane
    Penkridge,
    Stafford
    ST19 5AP

Time:-

10:00 - 20:00

Hotels nearby include:

The Littleton Arms,
    St.Michaels' Square,
    Penkridge
    ST19 5AL

Bridge House Hotel,
    Stone Cross,
    Penkridge,
    Stafford
    ST19 5AS

Mercure,
    Pinfold Ln,
    Penkridge,
    Stafford
    ST19 5QP

Food and Drink:-

TOO MANY TO LIST!!!!
    There are lots of local eateries for Lunch and Dinner. Local shops and pubs. Perfectly situated a few minutes from the M6 J13. Penkridge also has a train station which is within easy walking distance of the venue. Serviced by the LNWR services from Liverpool-Stafford-Wolverhampton-Milton Keynes-London Euston and vice versa.

In an attempt to guesstimate how many of you fine folk will be attending, Drop me a PM with what you plan to bring (if anything!) There is no requirement to bring anything and numbers won't be limited, unless we hit 100 !!

*****This is an AOS members event and there will be a verification system in place on the day. Please have your login details available on the day *****
    Mmm, I may try and get to this!

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Floyddroid View Post
    Mmm, I may try and get to this!
    You'd be very welcome!

I'm Tim.

Is there space for me please.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Spider View Post
    Is there space for me please.
    Defo

I'm Deleted.

Yesterday I went to a meet of the Yorkshire HiFi Club and we compared eleven phonostages (including the LDA JFET and the Modwright mentioned above). We just played one after another and it still took six hours!
    Account Deleted

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast