+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Phonostage Bake-Off - 08/07/18 - Penkridge *NOW CONFIRMED*

I'm Deleted.

I hope you have a great day guys and I’m sure all with go very well - I’m looking forward already to the pics and the opinions .
    Account Deleted

I'm Steve.

Have a brilliant day guys.

I'm Martin.

Just got back and I'm totally shagged out but my god what a good day that was. I think we did about 10 or 12 phono stages and the standard was ridiculously high. Also got a listen to the Urei studio monitors which I've always wanted to hear and they didn't disappoint. Dynamics like a PA system but all the detail there as well.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Gary.

I didn't stay all day, enjoyed what I heard.

Nice to put faces to names, enjoyed meeting everyone.

Thanks to the team that made this possible.

Gary

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Also got a listen to the Urei studio monitors which I've always wanted to hear and they didn't disappoint. Dynamics like a PA system but all the detail there as well.
    Did they have the blue tweeters?

I'm Alan.

Fantastic day today chaps, runners riders and results tomorrow

I'm Lee.

Most enjoyable day, sorry I couldn’t stay till then end, there were some nice phono stages heard today and very nice to put some faces to names, really liked your SP10 Ollie, very very nice mate
    Vinyl rig 1 - NAS Spacedeck / FR64s / Lab 12 Melto / Denon SUT / Ortofon GM SPU. Vinyl rig 2 Mono Set Up - Lenco GL75 c/w Jelco 750D / AT33 Mono / EAR 834P Modded. Amplifiers - Audio Note Empress Silver / Hattor Passive Pre. Digital - Fanless Mini PC / Lampizator TRP / Linear PSU / Hummingboard Network audio adaptor. Speakers - Horns.pl Mummy's. Cables are Audio Note / Albedo / Furutech Speaker wire. Power conditioner is a Gigawatt PC2 EVO

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Did they have the blue tweeters?
    Yes they did.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm John.

Had a great day and was really good to meet a few forum members. Thanks Oliver for organising it, I think everyone there was hugely impressed with the whole thing.

Can't believe Barrington's stage only cost £500. The one that really impressed me for the money though was the German Digna. Amazing sound for such a tiny thing.

Looking forward to the pics if they get posted up.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Bigman80 Guest

Wow, what a day!

Some really great sounds, tracks and people. That's what islts all about

Loved Macca's Krell, and the Focal speakers (I have first dibs!!!)

I'm really pleased with the SP10 MK2. The AT1010 was superb with the Kontrapunkt b too. Sterling performance. Thanks for the comments on it guys.

Really pleased with the DIY Wizard phonostage's performance too. My faves were the "VAS" and the "Aqvox". If I was spending money though, the "VAS" was supremely good to my ears. Best part was the Vincent and the Dibna making an absolute mockery of their price tags. Outstanding value and a performance that belonged and deserved respect. Great find guys.

Not a bad unit in show. Very respectable sound all day and done in the right spirit.

Just a quick thanks to all who attended and especially those you came a long way.

A thoroughly good day.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast