+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Phonostage Bake-Off - 08/07/18 - Penkridge *NOW CONFIRMED*

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Henley View Post
    It’s a real one mate that’s been modded, the previous owner changed the front plate
    It sounded good Lee and opened the valve phono stage part of the bake off very well as my ears picked up on the benefits of using valves in phono stages straight away.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Lee.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    It sounded good Lee and opened the valve phono stage part of the bake off very well as my ears picked up on the benefits of using valves in phono stages straight away.
    Its a pity I had to go early mate as we didn't try the stage with a separate SUT. The SUT in the EAR is not very good at all but hey ho it gives the listeners a chance to hear one with the inbuilt SUT. The MM side of the EAR is very good mate. When I eventually get round to yours Ill bring it with me as I believe your using the 2M Black which is MM
    Vinyl rig 1 - NAS Spacedeck / FR64s / Lab 12 Melto / Denon SUT / Ortofon GM SPU. Vinyl rig 2 Mono Set Up - Lenco GL75 c/w Jelco 750D / AT33 Mono / EAR 834P Modded. Amplifiers - Audio Note Empress Silver / Hattor Passive Pre. Digital - Fanless Mini PC / Lampizator TRP / Linear PSU / Hummingboard Network audio adaptor. Speakers - Horns.pl Mummy's. Cables are Audio Note / Albedo / Furutech Speaker wire. Power conditioner is a Gigawatt PC2 EVO

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Henley View Post
    Its a pity I had to go early mate as we didn't try the stage with a separate SUT. The SUT in the EAR is not very good at all but hey ho it gives the listeners a chance to hear one with the inbuilt SUT. The MM side of the EAR is very good mate. When I eventually get round to yours Ill bring it with me as I believe your using the 2M Black which is MM
    That would be great Lee, we must sort a date.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Steve.

I’m happy to bring a paradise, with foo resistors, if you can sort another date.
    Could also bring the Perreuax 255i integrated which will drive any speakers and negate the need for any pre. Might make it a little easier?

I'm Alan.

This sounds good ..
    Where are you based in the Midlands Steve? I could always come over with my Vivant stage.

I'm Ken.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    Its a V6 Burson actually in the Digna.
    It's a V6 Vivid, they also make a V6 Classic, the outputs have different circuits, the Classic is a softer sound, but more organic, the Vivid is more detailed and transparent.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SAP7 View Post
    I’m happy to bring a paradise, with foo resistors, if you can sort another date.
    Could also bring the Perreuax 255i integrated which will drive any speakers and negate the need for any pre. Might make it a little easier?

Could do a winter meet?

I'm Steve.

I dot my cap. Looks like a brilliant day. Well done Ollie and all those who gave to the day.

I'm Steve.

Nottingham
    I would have made this one if I wasn’t abroad on Holiday. The amp has a phono stage built in that I haven’t even tried yet! Doubt I ever will.

Bigman80 Guest

Cheers!
    Quote Originally Posted by Floyddroid View Post
    I dot my cap. Looks like a brilliant day. Well done Ollie and all those who gave to the day.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast