+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FS: Jelco SA-250LB 12inch tonearm with Ammonite collar and two counterweights

montesquieu Guest

Default SOLD: Jelco SA-250LB 12inch tonearm with Ammonite collar and two counterweights

NOW SOLD

I picked up this arm in part-trade for the Timestep 12 inch arm arm I sold recently. It was originally presented to me as a Jelco SA-750LB ('B' for black) and its owner had been using it for some time believing it to be so ... it came to me in a Jelco SA-750LB box ... but when I took it out of the box to photograph, it actually turned out to be a 250L model (the main difference is the bearing housing design and absence of damping).

It comes with two arm collars - standard and an Ammonite Audio collar in matching black (with bolts) - both have 10mil spacers, each with remnants of glue between them and the collar section though this should be removable - and also two matching black counterweights, standard and heavy, the latter intended for Ortofon SPU, which this arm was used with. No headshell or arm cable. Cable fitting is the standard 5-pin.

It comes with several setup templates and it sits at the same 290mm spindle to pivot distance as both the Jelco 750L and the Timestep T612 so can be easily upgraded to either of these arms at a later stage with minimal disruption.

I haven't had had the opportunity to try this out on a deck so I'm selling it 'as is', untested, and priced accordingly at £175. (Though I'm assured it was in full working order when removed to fit the Timestep). I'd rather it be collected from me on the Berks/Surrey/Hants border but I can also ship it special delivery for an extra £12.

Last edited by montesquieu; 15-05-2018 at 17:16.

+ Reply to Thread