+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stihl brush cutters / clearing saws

I'm Kevin.

I am still young, so a bit of weight does not bother me at the moment.

I went to a shop today. I asked for some advice. I was told that the assistant would be with ,e in a couple of minutes.
    Twenty minutes later, no sign of bloke, so I informed the cashier that if they were not interested in selling a €800 brush cutter, then I would go elsewhere and I left. She looked quite shocked....

I have been doing some reading, and I may opt for a Husqvarna 545RX as it seems pretty good, and is a bit cheaper than the Stihl.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Dave.

Being a Stihl owner and observing that every gardener and tree surgeon we have employed use Stihl, I would recommend you buy that and not save a few Euro on the cheaper model. Must be a good reason all these professionals go with Stihl..

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

We had a Kawasaki brush cutter in France which was very good indeed however I know the Stihl ones are also very good and was our second choice, at the price point, to the Kawasaki but the Stihl one you mention is much heavier duty to the one we had, it looks excellent
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Kevin.

Thanks for the feedback. My backpack brush cutter is Kawasaki powered. Kawasaki only make the engines now. They have stopped manufacturing garden machinery.

Having spoken to several pros you have a 50/50 split between Stihl and Husqvarna being the better machine. The Husqvarna I am looking at is their equivalent model to the Stihl.

I have started to look at Brush cutting mowers. This maybe the answer, as I don’t have to carry the weight and already have two 40cc + brush cutters. The mower could save me a lot of time.
    Kevin

I'm Kevin.

This is the type of thing that would be useful.
    Kevin

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12