+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wanted: Preamplifier - XLR Output / MC Phono Stage

I'm Alex.

Default Wanted: Preamplifier - XLR Output / MC Phono Stage

Valve or SS. Must have balanced output, an MC phono stage, at least one line input, and a low output impedance. Beyond that, configuration/feature set isn't so important.

Must be immaculate. Not so old that it's overdue an expensive service, or so obscure that it'll take significant time and effort to shift it if I don't like it.

Budget £1k-£3k

I'm Ian.

Default bbc sca1

I have a BBC sca1 sitting here not being used which ticks off many of your needs, other than it's pig ugly, far from mint , and some what rare, there's one on the bay at £400 and I have seen them sell for close to £800. Do some research see what you think, the digital side it doesn't pass 96k digital so I gave up on it, but the analogue side sounds great and my koetsu worked with and without a step up

I'm Kim.

I may have an EAR 864 available after this weekend. My understand is that it's basically an MM/MC 834P phonobox and 834L in the same case. In very good condition except that there are some marks on the bottom where a previous owner has attached alternative feet - obviously you don't see this normally. It's boxed with the manual. I've had it serviced by EAR in January this year so it wants for nothing and it's got a set of Telefunken ECC83s and an ECC82 in it, so it sounds pretty good to my ears. PM me if interested and I can send you some images.

+ Reply to Thread