+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FS: Carbon Fibre / End Grain Balsa Wood replacement feet

I'm Bill.

Default FS: Carbon Fibre / End Grain Balsa Wood replacement feet

After looking around for some replacement feet for my Caiman SEG / Allo Digione Player / Longdog Audio PSU, I decided to make my own based on some well known replacement feet that I have used in the past with great effect. I have used a Carbon Fibre ring rather than 3x CF rods.

They really have proved to be the icing on the cake for my system, so thought I'd use up the rest of the materials and offer them for sale here and PFM.

Hopefully the price of £15.00 for a set of 3 including UK postage is a fair offer, I have 11 sets of 3 in total. If anyone puchases a set and is not 100% satisfied, I'll be happy to refund less the return postage.

They are 18mm high overall and 19mm diameter. I've not tested the weight loading, but would hazard a guess of up to 10kg per set would be safe.

Chord Mojo / Sennheiser HD600

I'm Alan.

Interesting...good luck with your sale...

[IMG]aTcHUAy by alan moon, on Flickr[/IMG]
    'ANDSOME IN THE SUMMER..'ORIBBLE IN THE WINTER. Barney Milne

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

I'm Bill.

10 sets remaining

I'm Ade.

Hi,
    A quick question. excuse my ignorance but what's the benefits, sonically I mean?
    Also, I'm looking at an amp to purchase, just a cheapie on line, that doesn't have feet fitted at all. Can I just rest this unit on these feet and have done with it, or would that not work? No isolation, or too much vibration etc...

Thanks for helping out an audio technically bereft fella!

I'm Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Parcelmonkey View Post
    Hi,
    A quick question. excuse my ignorance but what's the benefits, sonically I mean?
    Also, I'm looking at an amp to purchase, just a cheapie on line, that doesn't have feet fitted at all. Can I just rest this unit on these feet and have done with it, or would that not work? No isolation, or too much vibration etc...

Thanks for helping out an audio technically bereft fella!
    Just sit your amp on top or use a tiny amount of Blutac to hold them in place.

Try some and see what you think, if you don't think they improve the sound send them back to me for a refund

Cheers,

Bill

I'm Bill.

I'm going to try a different tact here as I guess people are nervous of buying an unknown item.

If anyone would like to try them, I'll pay £2 into your PP account and then send you 3x isolators free of charge. If you want to keep them, pay me £15 plus the £2 into my account. If you don't like them, use the £2 to post them back

I'm Grant.

Sounds a good deal. No lose.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Lee.

No affiliation, but these are similar to Something Solid Dissipating Feet which are well thought of.

In fact from Lenco Heaven
    "As a bit of an update I went for soft and squidgy first with a set of Vibrapods pinched from under my cdp, didn't like these to much, made the bass a bit soft and poorly defined. Next up a set of Something Solid Dissipating Feet, these were much, much better I think I will stick with these for now."
    Last edited by lilolee; 20-05-2018 at 15:01. Reason: spelling
    Cheers Lee

I'm Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by lilolee View Post
    No affiliation, but these are similar to Something Solid Dissipating Feet which are well thought of.

In fact from Lenco Heaven
    "As a bit of an update I went for soft and squidgy first with a set of Vibrapods pinched from under my cdp, didn't like these to much, made the bass a bit soft and poorly defined. Next up a set of Something Solid Dissipating Feet, these were much, much better I think I will stick with these for now."
    They are my take on the Dissipating feet - didn't want to copy them

I'm Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourneendboy View Post
    I'm going to try a different tact here as I guess people are nervous of buying an unknown item.

If anyone would like to try them, I'll pay £2 into your PP account and then send you 3x isolators free of charge. If you want to keep them, pay me £15 plus the £2 into my account. If you don't like them, use the £2 to post them back
    Bump for my offer above.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast