+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTD Durlay underlay cut offs

I'm Lawrence.

Default WTD Durlay underlay cut offs

This may sound weird but there's logic here. I ordered some small samples from Carpetright a while ago, and recently tried them under my Metrum dac, with very good results. It needs to be the "crumb rubber" type, the most suitable one looks to be System 10. I wanted to buy some but the minimum amount is an 11sq m roll for £70. A bargain in the world of hifi isolation, but a ridiculous amount to have to use. So if anyone has any cut offs put away please could I buy some/pay postage or whatever? Alternatively, does anyone want to do a group buy and split it up?? This might work nicely cut to the shape of the component base with the feet taken off (if it doesn't get very hot), or just under the feet, I want to do some experimenting.

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

I'm Mark.

When I wanted a small amount of underlay to do a quick and dirty patch up job I found some for a few quid in our local independant carpet shop. Obviously left over from a job. If the one you want is not too exotic you might find a bit that way.

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Len Co View Post
    When I wanted a small amount of underlay to do a quick and dirty patch up job I found some for a few quid in our local independant carpet shop. Obviously left over from a job. If the one you want is not too exotic you might find a bit that way.
    Yes thought about that but I need to find a local place that does Durulay.

I'm Alan.

pm sent
    'ANDSOME IN THE SUMMER..'ORIBBLE IN THE WINTER. Barney Milne

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

I'm Phil.

i got a shed load of screwfix the other day . carpet shops say they don`t do it now . hopefully you get sorted but if not i am sure i can help
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by hifinutt View Post
    i got a shed load of screwfix the other day . carpet shops say they don`t do it now . hopefully you get sorted but if not i am sure i can help
    Is that for carpeting or hifi use? Yes carpetright have withdrawn the system 10 I'm hoping it's not been discontinued. If you have any leftovers please PM me.

I'm Chris.

Out of interest, are you placing the DAC straight on the underlay, or on a platform on the underlay?
    Source
    SW1X Universal Music Server UMS I Signature with Power Supply Unit PSU I Signature
    SW1X USB II
    SW1X DAC III Special
    Audiolab 6000 CDT transport
    Amps
    Pre amps -- Hi fi Collective twin mono ladder stepped attenuator, with Charcroft Z-foil and silver wired. And First Watt B1 active no gain buffer.
    Power amps -- Welborne 45 SET monoblocks 1.8W / Decware Taboo 6W / Elekit 300B TU-8600SVK plus further improved components 9W / ICE Power 1000W
    Speakers
    Highly modified Endorphin P17 open baffle speakers containing both vintage and modern alnico drivers and paper cones. All silver wired - 8" Cube Audio FC8 full range drivers and vintage 15" Altec VOTT 416 bass drivers. All sat on Townsend Audio Podium seismic isolation platforms.
    BK Electronics XLS400FF Sub.
    Cabling
    Silver mains cables, interconnects and speaker cables by SW1X
    Headphones
    HRT HeadStreamer and SennHeiser HD650 headphones

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by bumpy View Post
    Out of interest, are you placing the DAC straight on the underlay, or on a platform on the underlay?
    Straight on the underlay. The sample is small so the feet do not touch the underlay and hover. Is a metrum octave mk1 which is small.

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    Straight on the underlay. The sample is small so the feet do not touch the underlay and hover. Is a metrum octave mk1 which is small.
    Thanks. I automatically think of valve gear, and blocking of air vents, which doesn't apply with you. My stuff is stood on marble 'chopping' boards, so I may try the under felt under them
    Source
    SW1X Universal Music Server UMS I Signature with Power Supply Unit PSU I Signature
    SW1X USB II
    SW1X DAC III Special
    Audiolab 6000 CDT transport
    Amps
    Pre amps -- Hi fi Collective twin mono ladder stepped attenuator, with Charcroft Z-foil and silver wired. And First Watt B1 active no gain buffer.
    Power amps -- Welborne 45 SET monoblocks 1.8W / Decware Taboo 6W / Elekit 300B TU-8600SVK plus further improved components 9W / ICE Power 1000W
    Speakers
    Highly modified Endorphin P17 open baffle speakers containing both vintage and modern alnico drivers and paper cones. All silver wired - 8" Cube Audio FC8 full range drivers and vintage 15" Altec VOTT 416 bass drivers. All sat on Townsend Audio Podium seismic isolation platforms.
    BK Electronics XLS400FF Sub.
    Cabling
    Silver mains cables, interconnects and speaker cables by SW1X
    Headphones
    HRT HeadStreamer and SennHeiser HD650 headphones

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by bumpy View Post
    Thanks. I automatically think of valve gear, and blocking of air vents, which doesn't apply with you. My stuff is stood on marble 'chopping' boards, so I may try the under felt under them
    Sounds like a plan. I definitely think the rubber type feels better than the foam type (as in more like traditional isolation like sorbothane, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's better for vibration reduction). Would be interested in your findings.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast