Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
Nice one, Oliver - looks good, and I'm glad you can hear a genuine difference!

For me, using mains leads that are properly designed for hi-fi purposes, such as you've now built, is simply a case of 'good housekeeping', in the same way as we don't use the 'freebie' interconnects that sometimes come supplied with gear, or no longer hook up our speakers with bell wire, as there are clearly better alternatives available.

And the same applies with mains cables, proving that you *can* do better than use cheap 'kettle leads'. I've really no idea why some folk struggle so much with that concept - certainly those who are clearly capable of trusting their ears and making subjective decisions elsewhere in their system

Anyway mate, ignore the naysayers, trust your OWN ears and senses (always over ALL else), and enjoy the music!

Marco.
Thanks, Marco.

I really didn't want to hear any change as that's better for my bank account but here, it's clear that there is an improvement, not just a change. I spent probably 4 hours today playing music and swapping the cable in and out and yet every time I took it out, I could hear what went with it. Blind tests with the help of the gaffer just reassured me that it wasn't bias so I am happy with the result.

Purpose built. If any one wants one building.........just kidding

It's an absolute doddle.