Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
But that's not what I'm saying... And I'm not "jumping to the wrong conclusions" either.

I've reached the conclusions I have after 20 years of experimenting with mains and signal cables, the results of which have satisfied my judgement criteria. They may not be right, but they satisfy me, and so that being the case, I'm happy to believe they're true.

For me, that's a practical and realistic approach...

Therefore, I'm asking at what point, after being confident that you know how something works (as far as possible), and having researched the 'facts', do you simply trust your ears, even if what you're hearing appears to contradict it?

Essentially it comes down to this:

At what point could "imagination land" become reality if, despite seemingly being disproved by currently accepted wisdom, what you're hearing was true?

Marco.
You don't have any guarantees. Subjective impressions are just that and imagination land indistinguishable from reality providing nothing interrupts the illusion.

You'll note that I have no issues with people selling, buying and using fancy mains cables, it is only when people claim that they have an effect other than the psychological that I become interested in the debate.