+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Radford TT100 - the saga begins...?

I'm Nick.

Yes, Tom, that's right.
    The seller was insisting on a F&F payment (or bank transfer) he said because he didn't want to lose any money covering the Paypal fees, but I added the 4% onto his price to cover the fees myself and made sure I got buyer protection.
    When I made that clear to him he wasn't best pleased about it, and tried to tell me that I was somehow in the wrong for having the temerity to try and protect myself and my money while buying vintage hifi off a stranger on the internet!

I'm Nick.

But agreed, I won't be returning the amp if there's any way David can restore it to its former glory. And it sounds like he's up for the challenge!

I'm Will.

Just for the record I have all the specs for these transformers if need be. As it happens I actually have a NOS pair of TT100 output transformers and a pair of newly wound ones to the same design (originally intended for another application).
    Radford Revival
    www.radfordrevival.co.uk

I'm Grant.

Very much a botched cap replacement but should be easily enough fixed by someone who cares. If its anywhere near fixable its worth spending a bit of money on
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/EMOTIVA XPS1/12V BATTERY - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP\WE TUBED - TWIN AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTHS - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER24, SPOTIFY - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - RPI/AUDIOPHONICS/5V BATTERY - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN/Q ACOUSTIC BT3/CANTON SUB - P.INSPIRED MAINS REGENERATED.

I'm Oliver.

I hope this gets fixed, I think it will be worth it, even just for to boon of owning it.

Good luck!
    Analogue: Technics SP10 MK2 > Phonomac AT-1010 tonearm > Ortofon Kontrapunkt b > Wizard Jfet MC Valve Phonostage (Telefunken Valves)
    Digital: Firebottle modded Xiang Sheng DAC (Telefunken Valve)
    Amplification: Slagle AVC Passive Preamp & Firebottle Monoblocks (Telefunken Valves)
    Cables: Fisual S-Flex Speaker Cable & SPOTFIRE IC Cables Throughout
    Speakers: Pioneer CS-77A

I'm Oliver.

For interest

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F232748598271

Decent pictures of the guts.
    Analogue: Technics SP10 MK2 > Phonomac AT-1010 tonearm > Ortofon Kontrapunkt b > Wizard Jfet MC Valve Phonostage (Telefunken Valves)
    Digital: Firebottle modded Xiang Sheng DAC (Telefunken Valve)
    Amplification: Slagle AVC Passive Preamp & Firebottle Monoblocks (Telefunken Valves)
    Cables: Fisual S-Flex Speaker Cable & SPOTFIRE IC Cables Throughout
    Speakers: Pioneer CS-77A

I'm Nick.

Thanks for the kind offer of help, Will - you have a PM.

I'm Alan.

I doubt you will have much trouble in getting this amp back to perfect condition.
    Here is hoping anyway. Good find from a 'questionable' seller, best of luck with it.
    Firebottle - for the no bottleneck approach.

I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

I'm David.

Had a look at the pictures this morning: blue tac......what can you say? I had a pre in a year or so ago whose innards were held together with Blue Tac. Any shock and there was a risk of something moving and shorting.......
    David

I'm Nick.

For interest

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F232748598271

Decent pictures of the guts.
    Hope my one will look like that one day!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast