+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Radford TT100 - the saga begins...?

I'm Nick.

Yes, Tom, that's right.
    The seller was insisting on a F&F payment (or bank transfer) he said because he didn't want to lose any money covering the Paypal fees, but I added the 4% onto his price to cover the fees myself and made sure I got buyer protection.
    When I made that clear to him he wasn't best pleased about it, and tried to tell me that I was somehow in the wrong for having the temerity to try and protect myself and my money while buying vintage hifi off a stranger on the internet!

I'm Nick.

But agreed, I won't be returning the amp if there's any way David can restore it to its former glory. And it sounds like he's up for the challenge!

I'm Will.

Just for the record I have all the specs for these transformers if need be. As it happens I actually have a NOS pair of TT100 output transformers and a pair of newly wound ones to the same design (originally intended for another application).
    Radford Revival
    www.radfordrevival.co.uk

I'm Grant.

Very much a botched cap replacement but should be easily enough fixed by someone who cares. If its anywhere near fixable its worth spending a bit of money on
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Bigman80 Guest

I hope this gets fixed, I think it will be worth it, even just for to boon of owning it.

Good luck!

Bigman80 Guest

For interest

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F232748598271

Decent pictures of the guts.

I'm Nick.

Thanks for the kind offer of help, Will - you have a PM.

I'm Alan.

I doubt you will have much trouble in getting this amp back to perfect condition.
    Here is hoping anyway. Good find from a 'questionable' seller, best of luck with it.
    I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

I'm David.

Had a look at the pictures this morning: blue tac......what can you say? I had a pre in a year or so ago whose innards were held together with Blue Tac. Any shock and there was a risk of something moving and shorting.......
    David

I'm Nick.

For interest

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F232748598271

Decent pictures of the guts.
    Hope my one will look like that one day!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast