+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chinese-style mass facial recognition scanning now in UK

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    BWV (Body Worn Video) is now in use by the Police, who upload it on a daily basis to a database.
    They can't be uploading much. There are no police around here. Apart from the occasional car with blue lights and siren flying through, you simply don't see them and this is hardly a low crime area.

I'm Justin.

Facebook are leaders in face recognition tech. Google if yee doubteth.

I'm Grant.

until the people decide to take back whats theirs it will just get worse. most of this tech is totally un needed for 99.9% of time.
    thing is if we had a fairer society and kept our beaks out of other countries business there would be no need for the 0.1% either
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

A beefy gamma burst from the sun would sort that. No computers!

I'm Paul.

At some point in my life I will probably get to the stage were I wont know who I am or where the hell am I. Something that can recognise me and let me know who I am and how I got where I am doesnt seem all bad...
    ~Paul~

I'm Martin.

Even if they did bust in and arrest you by mistake they could only hold you for 48 hours. Not the case in any EU country where they don't have English common law and you are guilty until proven innocent.

Thankfully we will now never have that in the UK.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    until the people decide to take back whats theirs it will just get worse. most of this tech is totally un needed for 99.9% of time.
    thing is if we had a fairer society and kept our beaks out of other countries business there would be no need for the 0.1% either
    The 'If we don't bother them they won't bother us' theory? Disproved so many times by history it isn't really worth wasting the time arguing about it.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    The 'If we don't bother them they won't bother us' theory? Disproved so many times by history it isn't really worth wasting the time arguing about it.
    no probs if it might threaten us, but mostly its done for money. thats pretty obvious
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    no probs if it might threaten us, but mostly its done for money. thats pretty obvious
    Well, for the oil. Which we all use and get the benefit from. And which we can't do without if we want to carry on like we have been for the past 100 years. They don't bomb these people for the fun of it, or because they've got nothing else on that day, although it is surprising how many otherwise intelligent people seem to think that's why they do it.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Martin.

Im one of the people that keep saying well if Ive nothing to hide why worry. However I might wake up one morning and find the accumulation of all this big brother technology has got too much. You know things that we let pass and Im suddenly in a dark version of the future.

One of those people who did nothing until council drones are hovering outside our windows

I saw on the news that they will sell data to the shops about footfall etc. I just dont want to get to the stage where Im tracked everywhere for marketing purposes. Its already happening on my computer and phone and some would say its already gone too far.

I dont worry about CCTV and my information is generally out there for junk mail so it doesnt bother me too much at the moment. I do however feel my privacy is being eroded away for dubious reasons

I see it all heading to Telescreens in the home. It might start out as monitoring for marketing but pretty soon I will be told to do my morning exercises and be a productive person for the government

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast