+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Phono stage for recording advice needed.

I'm Marc.

Oh yeah, and despite my 16bit comment I appreciate that this is an audiophile forum, so you will want to track at 24/96 and make sure you do all your processing at that rate.

If you're intending to subsequently burn cds from your recordings you'll need to truncate and sample rate reduce them back to redbook (16/44.1) this should always be the final process and you should use a 'dithering' algorithm and appropriate dither noise to make sure this downsampling and bit truncation is as clean as possible.

I'm Grant.

After playing with audacity I decided to buy the cds
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/M55E/EMOTIVA XPS1 - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP - TWIN AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTHS - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER24, DEEZER HiFi - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - RPI/AUDIOPHONICS - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN/Q ACOUSTIC BT3/CANTON SUB - P.INSPIRED MAINS REGENERATED.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Rothchild View Post
    Oh yeah, and despite my 16bit comment I appreciate that this is an audiophile forum, so you will want to track at 24/96 and make sure you do all your processing at that rate.

If you're intending to subsequently burn cds from your recordings you'll need to truncate and sample rate reduce them back to redbook (16/44.1) this should always be the final process and you should use a 'dithering' algorithm and appropriate dither noise to make sure this downsampling and bit truncation is as clean as possible.
    I am not wanting audiophile quality here. I merely wish to convert album tracks into Mp3's for my radio show.
    WEBSITE.... www.theprogmeister.com

Golf, a good walk spoiled : M Twain.

I'm Steve.

All sorted gents thanks to Sir Stanley B of this parish.

Cheers Stan. Diamond geezer.
    WEBSITE.... www.theprogmeister.com

Golf, a good walk spoiled : M Twain.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123