+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WTD - Quality Integrated Amp/s - And CD player

I'm Ade.

Thanks Tightliner12, I wasn't aware of this, will make enquiries.

No thanks, MotherSky & grog, not for me... Never been a fan of Arcam and have my mind set on the ones I'm after. At least it keeps it simple.
    Still looking.

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by Parcelmonkey View Post
    Thanks Tightliner12, I wasn't aware of this, will make enquiries.

No thanks, MotherSky & grog, not for me... Never been a fan of Arcam and have my mind set on the ones I'm after. At least it keeps it simple.
    Still looking.
    Try to find a Creek 5350SE integrated. Brilliant sounding amp and you can stick a phono module in it if you're into vinyl.

I managed to buy a minter off of Gumtree last month @ £370 posted, the phono modules (MM) are £125 new and fantastic.

https://www.stereophile.com/integrat...327/index.html

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by twotone View Post
    Try to find a Creek 5350SE integrated. Brilliant sounding amp and you can stick a phono module in it if you're into vinyl.
    Yes. Those have a good reputation. If they're anything like the Destiny 2, they should be amazingly good.

I'm Ade.

Quote Originally Posted by twotone View Post

I managed to buy a minter off of Gumtree last month @ £370 posted, the phono modules (MM) are £125 new and fantastic.

https://www.stereophile.com/integrat...327/index.html
    Yes thanks for this info, another one for the 'hoping I find one list' - Everytime I search completed listings one just seems to have sold!

I'm ever hopeful though.... Thanks again for the suggestion.

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Yes. Those have a good reputation. If they're anything like the Destiny 2, they should be amazingly good.
    Best amp I've ever had in my system Geoff and I've had a few, I'm running a pair of Spendor S3/5r2s off the amp and they are just brilliant with each other.

A guy on PFM suggested the amp with those speakers and he was spot on, I was also recommended to try an Exposure 2010S but from my reading of that amp it seems to be a wee bit more suited to the hard rock sort of sounds but it also gets great reviews.

https://www.stereophile.com/integrat...ure/index.html

BTW OP I know you said that you are not into Arcam stuff but I've just bought a SH Arcam FMJ DV27A to use as a CDP and frankly for the money I paid for it, it is an absolute steal, really analogue sounding and actually an excellent DVD player too.

I'm using it as a transport in to a Caiman SEG which is also really analogue sounding, I think the SEG is a bit better than the DAC in the Arcam but there's not a lot in it, this was a £2k DVD player when it was new and you can hardly give them away nowadays.

Tony

I'm Lawrence.

A lot of the Arcam stuff is in the pipe and slippers territory, some might call the smoothness analogue, not sure if you mean that Tony. Having said that, the Arcam 7se I use in my headphone setup is quite forward and energetic which sits me nicely (though I've added a dac recently).

I'm Ade.

Please don't think I'm dissing Arcam gear, I have demoed a CD player and amp in the past. My musical tastes prefer something a bit more lively than Arcam tends to deliver for me, plus my Neats like to be dominated by a masterful amp! For want of a better description. Still looking for any of the above. Very frustrating playing the waiting game...

I'm Ade.

Still looking and need a quality cheapie. Just took a punt on some Impulse Lali's picking up Saturday and require an amp to do them justice whilst my E.A.R. 834 goes in for service.
    Come on, don't be shy, your cupboards must have some skeletons in worth a dusting off!....
    Ade / Parcelmonkey

I'm Lawrence.

Are they very sensitive? You might be best off buying a cheap t amp which can sound very nice on sensitive speakers.

This would do nicely, but the cheap Chinese ones aren't bad either.

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...Gold-Amplifier

I'm Lee.

Have a nice Arcam Alpha 3 amp with Alpha one cd, both mint & working fine.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast