+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: My Degritter is here

Bigman80 Guest

How are you getting on with the Degritter Tom?

montesquieu Guest

Default My Degritter is here

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    How are you getting on with the Degritter Tom?
    It cleans superbly. I’m having a a few software glitches that for the most part I’ve been primed to expect so not too worried (this is the beta 2 release).

What had surprised me is that the put-it-in-the-slot-and-hit-the-button approach is addictive and I find myself cleaning more stuff more often than with the Loricraft.

The best clean of all is when I give it an alcohol-based one time clean each side on the Loricraft (rather than three passes each as usual) then stick it in the slot.

Short version - I’m impressed.
    Last edited by montesquieu; 12-05-2018 at 20:38.

Bigman80 Guest

I'm really pleased, mate. The funds from the DAC sale will be going on a record cleaner. Any suggestions at the £400 Mark?

*edit, bought a Project jobbie*.
    Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    It cleans superbly. I’m having a a few software glitches that for the most part I’ve been primed to expect so not too worried (this is the beta 2 release).

What had surprised me is that the put-it-in-the-slot-and-hit-the-button approach is addictive and I find myself cleaning more stuff more often than with the Loricraft.

The best clean of all is when I give it an alcohol-based one time clean each side on the Loricraft (rather than three passes each as usual) then stick it in the slot.

Last edited by Bigman80; 12-05-2018 at 21:18.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Software issues? What are those - are they a bit like programmable Microwave ovens; whereby you enter the type and weight of the food you want to cook, and it determines the power setting and the cooking time? Does you Degritter (and I'm still put off by the name, despite having a "Nitty Gritty" RCM) ask you the name of the recording company and the genre?
    Barry

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Software issues? What are those - are they a bit like programmable Microwave ovens; whereby you enter the type and weight of the food you want to cook, and it determines the power setting and the cooking time? Does you Degritter (and I'm still put off by the name, despite having a "Nitty Gritty" RCM) ask you the name of the recording company and the genre?
    Really, nothing major at this point ... the odd error that I'm capturing as part of the beta program.

I quite like the name though I must say the thought of grit on my records is a bit of a worry ....

I'm Bernard.

Quote Originally Posted by Berni217 View Post
    I partially agree as the end result (cleaning records through an ultrasonic solution) is the same, regardless of the complexity of the system implemented.

I will start a separate thread as soon as the lovely sunny days are over

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    As promised ...
    http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...Record-Cleaner
    Turntable: Sony TTS-8000 ;Tonearm: Phonomac AT-1010 Mk6; Cartridges: SPU GTE / VDH Colibri XGP / Decca SC4E rebuilt by ESCO with Paratrace; Phono Stage: Shindo; SUT: Bob's Device Cinemag 1131; Pre Amp: Shindo Monbrison; Power Amp: Shindo WE 300B Limited; Speakers: Shindo Lafite / Auditorium23 Solovox; CD Player: EastSound CD-E5 / Sony PS1; Cables: Yannis 423.5; Yannis 223.5; VDH The First Ultimate; Totem Sinew; Audio Tekne ARSP-500 / Auditorium 23.

montesquieu Guest

A couple more details ... my beta version of the machine has an internal filter (replaceable but you have to open up the machine) to filter out the inevitable crap that falls out of the record (the jam jar on my loricraft where the vaccumed crap gets deposited makes you realise just how much muck is actually on the record or in the grooves - it's quite yukky stuff). The production ones will have a plug-in one on the back, and filtration will be attached to a cooling system that will prevent temperature rising above 40c which is considered safe maximum. The display can be switched to record the temperature, which gradually rises as the 120khz ultrasonic transducer deposits energy into the fluid - cleaning is paused at 40c so as not to damage the record.

My machine arrived during the recent heat wave so on the hottest evening I only got about 5 records done one after the other till it hit the maximum ... now we've got back to normal temperatures, I haven't hit maximum but the cooling device should ensure it never hits the 40c even if used continuously.

I'm Grant.

A couple more details ... my beta version of the machine has an internal filter (replaceable but you have to open up the machine) to filter out the inevitable crap that falls out of the record (the jam jar on my loricraft where the vaccumed crap gets deposited makes you realise just how much muck is actually on the record or in the grooves - it's quite yukky stuff). The production ones will have a plug-in one on the back, and filtration will be attached to a cooling system that will prevent temperature rising above 40c which is considered safe maximum. The display can be switched to record the temperature, which gradually rises as the 120khz ultrasonic transducer deposits energy into the fluid - cleaning is paused at 40c so as not to damage the record.

My machine arrived during the recent heat wave so on the hottest evening I only got about 5 records done one after the other till it hit the maximum ... now we've got back to normal temperatures, I haven't hit maximum but the cooling device should ensure it never hits the 40c even if used continuously.
    not sure of the flashpoint figures for ipa in water, but assuming its higher than out of water. ipa boiling point is about 80c. Would not want it going above 40c myself.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    not sure of the flashpoint figures for ipa in water, but assuming its higher than out of water. ipa boiling point is about 80c. Would not want it going above 40c myself.
    Indeed it shuts off at 40c (actually was recording 37c the time it did it).

Having said that the Degritter uses a mixure of distilled water and a tiny bit of surfactant in the cleaning tank, there's no IPA in the cleaning solution. (I use an IPA mix on the Loricraft.)

I'm Bernard.

Indeed it shuts off at 40c (actually was recording 37c the time it did it).

Having said that the Degritter uses a mixure of distilled water and a tiny bit of surfactant in the cleaning tank, there's no IPA in the cleaning solution. (I use an IPA mix on the Loricraft.)
    Interesting! I also use up to 40 C (The Ultrasonic tank shuts off at the selected temp). However, some guys on other forums said that they went up to 60 C without any damages to the records. I do not think that I want to try higher than 40 C as I have had great results so far.
    Turntable: Sony TTS-8000 ;Tonearm: Phonomac AT-1010 Mk6; Cartridges: SPU GTE / VDH Colibri XGP / Decca SC4E rebuilt by ESCO with Paratrace; Phono Stage: Shindo; SUT: Bob's Device Cinemag 1131; Pre Amp: Shindo Monbrison; Power Amp: Shindo WE 300B Limited; Speakers: Shindo Lafite / Auditorium23 Solovox; CD Player: EastSound CD-E5 / Sony PS1; Cables: Yannis 423.5; Yannis 223.5; VDH The First Ultimate; Totem Sinew; Audio Tekne ARSP-500 / Auditorium 23.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast