+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: excellent preamp wanted

I'm Philip.

Question excellent preamp wanted

hi - has anyone got a mint audio note m3 upwards, shindo, kondo or mactone for a good price that they want to sell?

thank you

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Philiphifi View Post
    hi - has anyone got a mint audio note m3 upwards, shindo, kondo or mactone for a good price that they want to sell?

thank you
    Hello Philip,

Please can you go to the Welcome area and introduce yourself, and tell us a little about yourself, your tastes in music and your audio system.

When you have done that and made four additional posts, you will be able to send and receive PMs, so if any Member here can help you with your enquiry they will be able contact you.
    Barry

I'm Phil.

good to have you , i am sure you have already looked at definative site but they do have a mactone pre

https://www.definitiveaudio.co.uk/stuff-list.html
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Philip.

Thank you for letting me know Phil. I am hoping to buy privately so that it's cheaper than from dealers.

I'm Phil.

possibly but not always and you don`t get the back up you would from a dealer should things go wrong . kevin has some lovely stuff

Eric Bibb

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by hifinutt View Post
    possibly but not always and you don`t get the back up you would from a dealer should things go wrong . kevin has some lovely stuff
    Especially when it comes to Mactone. Have heard anecdotal reports of reliability problems. Also I think that one at Definitive has been sitting around literally for years. I tried to get a demo of it around two years ago before buying the EAR 912.

Also - addressed to the op - it seems an odd way to pick a pre. AN AN-M3 is an entirely different beast to a Shindo for example (frankly I’m not the biggest fan of either, but for very different reasons) I think you might be advised to have a listen around first.

I'm Lee.

FWIW I tried the AN M-3 with my AN Empress Silver Monoblocks, I didn’t get on with it in all honesty, felt that it bloated the sound too much in my system at the time, I ended up with the Hattor Passive Pre which for the money is a killer
    Vinyl rig 1 - NAS Spacedeck / FR64s / Lab 12 Melto / Denon SUT / Ortofon GM SPU. Vinyl rig 2 Mono Set Up - Lenco GL75 c/w Jelco 750D / AT33 Mono / EAR 834P Modded. Amplifiers - Audio Note Empress Silver / Hattor Passive Pre. Digital - Fanless Mini PC / Lampizator TRP / Linear PSU / Hummingboard Network audio adaptor. Speakers - Horns.pl Mummy's. Cables are Audio Note / Albedo / Furutech Speaker wire. Power conditioner is a Gigawatt PC2 EVO

I'm Phil.

one like this lee ?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hattor-Au....c100005.m1851

not sure about price as this company on ebay [globalica ]tends to be expensive

did you import yours ?

Eric Bibb

I'm Lee.

I imported mine from the manufacture in Poland, I have the Tekman Rey resistors in mine

The one on eBay is expensive for secondhand, I’m pretty sure you wouldn’t pay much more for a new one

Quote Originally Posted by hifinutt View Post
    one like this lee ?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hattor-Au....c100005.m1851

not sure about price as this company on ebay [globalica ]tends to be expensive

did you import yours ?
    Vinyl rig 1 - NAS Spacedeck / FR64s / Lab 12 Melto / Denon SUT / Ortofon GM SPU. Vinyl rig 2 Mono Set Up - Lenco GL75 c/w Jelco 750D / AT33 Mono / EAR 834P Modded. Amplifiers - Audio Note Empress Silver / Hattor Passive Pre. Digital - Fanless Mini PC / Lampizator TRP / Linear PSU / Hummingboard Network audio adaptor. Speakers - Horns.pl Mummy's. Cables are Audio Note / Albedo / Furutech Speaker wire. Power conditioner is a Gigawatt PC2 EVO

I'm Rob.

Not quite in the same realms as the list above, I have an EAR 802 pre which is available. It has been in my system for many years and has partnered various power amps. I see you have 300B Audion Silver Knight monoblocs from your intro post. I used to own a pair and ran them with the EAR to good effect. It most recently partnered a Border Patrol 300BSE.

Let me know if you want more info.
    Rob.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast