+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reference Fidelity Components Interconnects....

I'm Rob.

Default Reference Fidelity Components Interconnects....

It's been a while.....

I’m currently using Linn Silvers with my set up (Linn components) at the moment but fancy a change. Anyone had experience of RFC interconnects? Anyone compared the Mercury and Venus?

Cheers
    Rob
    Well Tempered Versalex, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Trilogy 906, MCRU LDA Linear PSU, Naim ND5 XS 2 , Exposure 3010S2D, Roksan TR-5 speakers, Spotfire Interconnects/Spotfire Reference speaker cable

Bigman80 Guest

I believe hifinut (Phil) has some, He may be able to help.

I'm Alan.

I have heard the comparison between the RFC Mercury and the Spotfire cables.

The Spotfire win hands down, loads more clarity and 3D image.

montesquieu Guest

I have a full set of RFC Cables, doing everything except my tonearms for which I use silver (the only place I still use silver). They sound great in my system, replaced a full rig of mixed Kondo and Audio Note. (As I say, I only kept silver for tonearm use). I wouldn't spend a penny more on an interconnect these days.

I'm personally skeptical that anyone can hear anything other than tiny differences between properly made cables though there are some oddball ones that bugger around with capacitance and the like that have some 'effect' that sounds different. I've always tired of that sort of thing pretty quickly and gone back to normal ones..

Send the money on components.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    except my tonearms for which I use silver (the only place I still use silver)
    Ah. I have the same preference. The tonearm is the only place I favour silver conductors.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    I have a full set of RFC Cables, doing everything except my tonearms for which I use silver (the only place I still use silver). They sound great in my system, replaced a full rig of mixed Kondo and Audio Note. (As I say, I only kept silver for tonearm use).
    Are you inferring that you prefer copper to silver in I/Cs, Tom, after dabbling in both for some time? Geoff seems to hold the same opinion, but to me this sounds a wee bit counter intuitive, though I've no experience of silver. Wonder why, as I was contemplating buying a pair of solid silver/silver RCA I/Cs.

I'm Marcus.

I have had pretty much all the RFC RCA interconnects.

My experience is that switching from Mercury to Venus, you get more transparency - so it reveals more of you components.
    If you have a bass-heavy source, you will get more bass (and detail about it), and so on. Want to find out if power chords doing anything for you ? Yup, Venus will tell you.

I also found that the worse the source equipment, the bigger the differences, and that the Venus was noticeably preferable, in that it made everything 'richer' sounding.

Of course, you are paying for the Rolls Royce of Furutech plugs with the Venus - not better sound directly. That has to come from your components.

If the SpotFire is anything like Oliver's first cable, and you like the RFC sound, you may not like it at all, it very much depends on the balance of your system, but you are in a position to try it out at the moment, so worth a shot.

I have no problem using Van Damme (no silver plating) + Venus these days, with other kit, Van Damme sounded awful.

So, get your base kit sorted first if you don't like what you hear, and then something like Venus/SpotFire should just be gravy on top.
    Ziro power cables -> Modded Marantz CD63SE or Bluesound -> Roksan K3 Dac -> RFC Venus -> Onix DNA 45 -> LS25 -> Proac D18

I'm Phil.

yes i am a great fan of the rfc cables , i do like the mercury a lot . i would have to do a prolonged listening session with both spotfire and mercury to see if i fully agreed with alan on this one

the construction of the mercury is first class , it would be worth you adding your name to ollies demo list of the spotfire before making your mind up

rfc cables are consistantly in demand and sell fast . whether the venus construction is much better sonically i can`t say , i like the KLE plugs on the mercury . i have had a couple of pairs of venus but not at same time as mercury

i also use acoustic zen , mavros , chord signature , townshend dct 300 , and kimber select cables

some years ago i spent hours comparing them all but i am a bit weary of all that now , i even have some £28 van damme speaker cable and it sounds amazing with the rfc impulse ta`us . i am sure there is better but i can`t afford the long length i would need
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Reed View Post
    Are you inferring that you prefer copper to silver in I/Cs, Tom, after dabbling in both for some time? Geoff seems to hold the same opinion, but to me this sounds a wee bit counter intuitive, though I've no experience of silver. Wonder why, as I was contemplating buying a pair of solid silver/silver RCA I/Cs.
    Yes and in speaker cables too. Quality copper in my view keeps a nice balance between detail and texture/timbre, I find silver can be out of balance. The exception is tonearm cables where silver litz is the way to go to get those tiny signals to the SUT. I think a small amount of silver used judiciously in this way can be beneficial but too much is too much!

I'm Grant.

never tried silver.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast