+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Reference Fidelity Components Interconnects....

I'm Rob.

My many thanks for all your replies, much appreciated.

I received a message from Oliver who asked if I fancied try his Spotfire cables. I've just asked to be put on the waiting list.
    I've just read the thread and they sound very promising.
    Well Tempered Versalex, Trilogy 906, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Akurate CD , Exotik , Chakra 2200, Roksan TR-5 speakers, Linn silver & Yannis Tome Interconnects/Chord Signature speaker cable/Mark Grant & MCRU Mains cables

I'm Oliver.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmass View Post
    My many thanks for all your replies, much appreciated.

I received a message from Oliver who asked if I fancied try his Spotfire cables. I've just asked to be put on the waiting list.
    I've just read the thread and they sound very promising.
    I'll get you on there mate. Will be a few weeks, there's currently on 10 infront to you. Like I said in the PM, if you want to bring your cables for a little bakeoff, you're welcome. Anyone that can't tell the difference between cables worries me
    Analogue: Technics SP10 MK2 > Phonomac AT-1010 tonearm > Ortofon Kontrapunkt b > Wizard Jfet MC Valve Phonostage (Telefunken Valves)
    Digital: Firebottle modded Xiang Sheng DAC (Telefunken Valve)
    Amplification: Slagle AVC Passive Preamp & Firebottle Monoblocks (Telefunken Valves)
    Cables: Fisual S-Flex Speaker Cable & SPOTFIRE IC Cables Throughout
    Speakers: Pioneer CS-77A

I'm Phil.

perhaps i could tag along and bring a mercury to compare . might have to blindfold you though as bias may come in !!! also got that neotech cable from brian which i am using now currently as well

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...-interconnects
    1]bel canto pre 3 vbs /MSB s200 , / Marantz sa8005/ bel canto fm1
    sonos, . tannoy eaton legacy 2]velleman 8020 pre , firebottle mono`s onkyo sacd bel canto 3.5vbss and RFC impulse ta`us , track audio stands

I'm GettingFunky.

How does the Neotech cable from Brian compare?
    Contemplating life, the universe and use of HiFi forums.

Life is too short to worry about the opinion of others.

I'm Oliver.

Quote Originally Posted by hifinutt View Post
    perhaps i could tag along and bring a mercury to compare . might have to blindfold you though as bias may come in !!! also got that neotech cable from brian which i am using now currently as well

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...-interconnects
    Defo Phil! No worries at all and yes, I am up for a blind test.
    Analogue: Technics SP10 MK2 > Phonomac AT-1010 tonearm > Ortofon Kontrapunkt b > Wizard Jfet MC Valve Phonostage (Telefunken Valves)
    Digital: Firebottle modded Xiang Sheng DAC (Telefunken Valve)
    Amplification: Slagle AVC Passive Preamp & Firebottle Monoblocks (Telefunken Valves)
    Cables: Fisual S-Flex Speaker Cable & SPOTFIRE IC Cables Throughout
    Speakers: Pioneer CS-77A

I'm Phil.

brill , when time permits we must schedule
    1]bel canto pre 3 vbs /MSB s200 , / Marantz sa8005/ bel canto fm1
    sonos, . tannoy eaton legacy 2]velleman 8020 pre , firebottle mono`s onkyo sacd bel canto 3.5vbss and RFC impulse ta`us , track audio stands

I'm Rob.

Great stuff. Thank you very much.
    Well Tempered Versalex, Trilogy 906, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Akurate CD , Exotik , Chakra 2200, Roksan TR-5 speakers, Linn silver & Yannis Tome Interconnects/Chord Signature speaker cable/Mark Grant & MCRU Mains cables

I'm Adam.

Imho a lot of emphasis on interconnects is a wee bit of a tail chase.
    At Toms gaff recently, he had a £19 cable in his system which wasn't out of place at all.
    Personally I have got on really well with Duelund DCA20GA tinned copper wire in oil cloth (£5.50 a metre from Hifi collective) With some half decent plugs. They have stayed in my system and with real synergy. In fact out performed Kimber selects, and a few other flash interconnects...
    That said, Paul's RFC cables are very very well made and very appealing, he certainly knows what he's doing
    "lack of passion is fatal"
    Garrard 401 / SME 3012 J7 Rewired / audio-technica ATP-12T - phonomac modified / Ortofon Vintage SPU GE /Shure M3D /DV XX2Mk2 / The Cartridge Man Music Master with isolator / Vintage GE VRII Mono / WAD 300b Power modded, TJ Mesh Plate Valves / David Coe AD Audio 'Satchmo' Pre & Phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / Tannoy 12" MGs in RFC Custom Rutland Cabinets with RFC Custom Crossovers / Speaker Cables: Duelund DCA16GA Tinned Copper / Rpi3 & Digi + pro / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / SW1X Audio Design DAC 1 Signature / Interconnects: Duelund DCA20GA home brew /SW1X Audio SPDIF AERO 6 / AD Audio Silver USB / Synology NAS Drive / Roon / Tidal HiFi / Mains Power Conditioner

I'm Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by WESTLOWER View Post
    Imho a lot of emphasis on interconnects is a wee bit of a tail chase.
    At Toms gaff recently, he had a £19 cable in his system which wasn't out of place at all.
    Personally I have got on really well with Duelund DCA20GA tinned copper wire in oil cloth (£5.50 a metre from Hifi collective) With some half decent plugs. They have stayed in my system and with real synergy. In fact out performed Kimber selects, and a few other flash interconnects...
    That said, Paul's RFC cables are very very well made and very appealing, he certainly knows what he's doing

Forgot about those - yes I bought a 2m pair of those £19.99 Edge cables from ebay as i did a bit of shuffling ... my RFC 1.5m cables are a bit short (thought they'll be fine when I get the Radford STA100 back this month) so needed a stop gap. The link between pre and power is the least cable sensitive of any position in in my view.

Speaker cable I use Western Electric copper which sound fine and cost me probably £60 terminated. I have some slightly longer Russian litz coming out of curiosity (a whole £108) but I don't necessarily expect to hear much if any difference.
    Main: Speakers 'RFC' Tannoy Canterburys / custom crossovers; Amp - Radford STA100; Pre EAR 912; Vinyl: Thorens TD124 MkII + Ikeda IT345-CR1 / Ikeda IT-407 tonearms; Cartridges Stereo - Miyajima Madake, Ortofon SPU Royal N, Ikeda 9C III, SAEC/Excel C3; Mono - Miyajimas - Zero 0.7, Premium 1.0, Sonovox MC-4 1.0, Edison '78' 4.0 conical, and Shure M44 strapped for mono with several Expert Stylus conicals for different eras of 78s; Phono stage and SUT from EAR 912; Esoteric Sound Re-Equalizer for equalisation of early mono and 78, switchable in from tape loop; Digital: Audio Note CDT2/II transport, heavily modded AN Kit DAC + Mutec MC3+USB.

Study: Speakers - Tannoy DC6; Amp: Pass Aleph 'Mini'; preamp - Firebottle custom; Vinyl: Garrard 401 with AT1503 tonearm and vintage Ortofon SL-15e with matching Ortofon 2-15k SUT; Phono Stage: Firebottle Plus; Digital - Trichord Genesis III CDP + Arcam rBlink; Schiit Multibit DAC.

I'm Rob.

I've just ordered a set of the Spotfire cables from Oliver.

Oliver very kindly added me to the waiting list for the loan pair but it meant me waiting for possibly months. I have no patience or willpower so I went for it...I think the heat has got to me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast