+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Waiting for the Caiman SEG

I'm Andreas.

I snagged a mint almost new one off of ebay the other day, it should arrive wednesday-thursday.

Had I heard about this AOS discount I prob would have gotten a new one but hey, if I like it I have my eye on a local used 15v S-Booster and might order a modded SEG new from Stan.

It's going head to head with a Rega Dac for the system spot. Even if it loses I want something for the PC, we shall see what happens.

I'm Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterTape View Post
    I snagged a mint almost new one off of ebay the other day, it should arrive wednesday-thursday.

Had I heard about this AOS discount I prob would have gotten a new one but hey, if I like it I have my eye on a local used 15v S-Booster and might order a modded SEG new from Stan.

It's going head to head with a Rega Dac for the system spot. Even if it loses I want something for the PC, we shall see what happens.
    I rate the SEG way above the Regardless - let us know how you get on.
    Allo Digione Player / Caiman SEG with Longdog Audio LPSU / Sennheiser HD600

I'm Andreas.

Will do. Should have an early impression some time next week.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewR View Post
    Hi Baffleport,

Tonally the SEG I have is sounding brighter, with an electronic edge to it - which my Caiman II never exhibited (in fact the Caiman really does sound analogue). There is also less bass heft and decay than the Caiman II.
    First off, check that the Left and Right cables to the amp are also wired into the L and R sockets of the SEG. The sockets are the other way round to the Caiman MKII. So if you wire it the wrong way round the sound from your speakers will be swapped round and give you a different soundstage etc compared to the MKII.

I'm AndrewR.

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyB View Post
    First off, check that the Left and Right cables to the amp are also wired into the L and R sockets of the SEG. The sockets are the other way round to the Caiman MKII. So if you wire it the wrong way round the sound from your speakers will be swapped round and give you a different soundstage etc compared to the MKII.
    Hi Stan, yes I noticed that, which I donít mind. Iíll be back home soon after a few days away. Will have a listen for any change in the frequency balance from the further burn in.

Andrew
    Andrew Randle

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123