+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello

I'm Jim.

Default Hello

Hi everyone. My name is Jim and I live in Wales.I have been a long time reader of the forum and have decided to join.

My main system is
    Consonance 2.2 linear
    Croft integrated
    Harbeth C7es3
    Rega couple2 and duet speaker cable

Over the last 20 years i have owned Rega Brio,rega Apollo, naim xs and cd5xs, primare a30.1 / d30.2, focal Electra 905,profile 908, revolver music 1 ( which I still own ) Epos epic 2 , mad 1920, Audiolab 8000s, Marantz ki sig CD player, mission 752 freedom, celestion 3 mk2 , speaker cable van dame hifi, talk 3, tq Black and various audio quest. I do have some very old quad valve amps in my loft which my grandfather owned , future project !

I'm Robert.

Hi Jim, Welcome to the forum.
    Had the CD63 KI Signature for a few years, twas a very popular cdp.
    Big fan of the Mission 752 Freedoms which are a ridiculous bargain in my view. Taken me a long time to upgrade mine so I'll be letting them go now with fond memories and slightly heavy heart for sure

Enjoy the forum and do contribute - What music you into ?
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm Geoff.

Hello Jim. Welcome to AOS.

Glad you finally made the move to sign up. Tells us what music you like and what future plans if any you may have for your system.

As you've been visiting you no doubt know what goes on here, so just join in and have fun.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.

I'm Jim.

Hi Robert

Yes fond memories of the 752 freedom, wish I had kept them to be honest, I like all sorts of music , a good system introduces you to material that maybe you wouldn’t have been interested before, how do you find the spendor d7?

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarletjim View Post
    Hi Robert

Yes fond memories of the 752 freedom, wish I had kept them to be honest, I like all sorts of music , a good system introduces you to material that maybe you wouldn’t have been interested before, how do you find the spendor d7?
    Hi Jim,

The D7's are in a word superb ! and in a few more words they are are open, fast, very detailed, accurate, revealing, insightful - man they are almost forensic, diggging out voices and things going on hidden in the mix that you've never heard before and just cant believe revealed from off the master tape - jaw dropped a few times.

Importantly they are also not fatiguing and very musical indeed.

The bass is tight, solid, accurate and tuneful, treble is natural and extended as are the mids and the whole presentation.

They look fairly ordinary for what they aer but build quality is beautiful and solid.

Great speakers like the Freedoms but better extended and improved in all areas, as they should be really for what they cost over the Freedoms .
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm Jim.

Hi Robert

Sounds really good, did come close to buy8ng the spendor a6 a while back,I fancy listening to this new heco direkt it looks an interesting design

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Jim.

It would be worth you recovering your father's Quad valve system from the loft and refurbishing it. You might be surprised how much it could fetch on eBay.

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread