+ Reply to Thread

Thread: To my fellow audiomaniacs

I'm Cor.

Default To my fellow audiomaniacs

Let me introduce myself.
    I am a hifi fan from The Netherlands with a 40+ years record of sound addiction.
    Started with a Grundig valve tape recorder from the fifties, delivered newspapers and worked during schoolholidays to save for some ‘serious equipment’. Visited the great audiofairs (firato), collected boxes full of hifi brochures (unfortunately all thrown away ).
    Made some bad equipment choices over the years, learned that actually listen to music is more important than listen to marketing chatter.

Current setup:
    Yamaha RX-A810, Cambridge Audio Sonata NP-30, Beresford Caiman II Venom 3 GFU, Synology DS216Play, Magnat Quantum Edelstein.

I'm Martin.

Hi Cor, welcome to the forum.

You must have delivered a lot of papers to get that system
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

Hello Cor. Welcome to AOS.

I think most of us will have made less than satisfactory equipment choices at some time. It's all part of the learning curve.

You call yourself 'Baffleport', does that mean you like tinkering with speakers?

Join in the chat with members, they are friendly.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.

I'm Cor.

Hello Geoff,

Thank you. Yes, always liked speakers the most. But since I discovered Stanley Beresford’s dacs, I realised what good signal processing can do for the end results. I always wanted to build a pair of speakers myself, but nowadays speakers are so incredibly well designed and constructed that it hardly pays off to build them yourself. BTW, the last remark is a sad excuse from me to hide my two left hands and lack of patience.

I'm Geoff.

Quite a few members do build their own speakers and it does pay off. Takes some knowledge and having "two left hands" won't help though.

+ Reply to Thread