+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Crap Weather For May

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    After a reasonable start, it pretty much pissed down here all day, which was good, as the garden badly needed it! The forecast suggests that 'normal service' will be resumed over the Bank Holiday weekend, so we're preparing for more scorchers

Marco.
    I was going to say that your lawn needed watering when you posted a pic of it but decided not to.

Rained heavy here too but it stopped about 1500.

It's odd where I work, it can be different weather just up the road a few hundred yards. And it is always windy. Remember the Munsters? When they showed their house from the outside it was always blowing a gale through the trees? That's exactly how it is outside my offices. Every day, all year round.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I was going to say that your lawn needed watering when you posted a pic of it but decided not to.
    Lol - you should've done, as it was a fact. This is the first rain we've had here for 5 days, all of which have been scorchers, so the lawn was defo needing a good soaking!

Rained heavy here too but it stopped about 1500.
    The worst of it stopped around that time, but still continued to drizzle. I was in Nantwich for most of the day, checking out a new motorbike for my uncle. The weather was even worse there.

It's odd where I work, it can be different weather just up the road a few hundred yards. And it is always windy. Remember the Munsters? When they showed their house from the outside it was always blowing a gale through the trees? That's exactly how it is outside my offices. Every day, all year round.
    Yeah, you do get some weird little 'pockets' of micro-climates in certain areas. For some reason, Wrexham seems to be a bit of a sun trap, as quite often it can be sunny here, and then if I drive 12 miles into Chester, it can be grey and overcast, or go in the other direction, and it's often the same.

I've even driven down from Scotland, and it can be raining almost all the way until we hit Wrexham, and all of a sudden the sun comes out!

Not complaining, though....

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Martin.

Lol - you should've done, as it was a fact. This is the first rain we've had here for 5 days, all of which have been scorchers, so the lawn was defo needing a good soaking!

The worst of it stopped around that time, but still continued to drizzle. I was in Nantwich for most of the day, checking out a new motorbike for my uncle. The weather was even worse there.

Yeah, you do get some weird little 'pockets' of micro-climates in certain areas. For some reason, Wrexham seems to be a bit of a sun trap, as quite often it can be sunny here, and then if I drive 12 miles into Chester, it can be grey and overcast, or go in the other direction, and it's often the same.

I've even driven down from Scotland, and it can be raining almost all the way until we hit Wrexham, and all of a sudden the sun comes out!

Not complaining, though....

Marco.
    Thought I was being a bit picky about the lawn and anyway you've got eyes so you'd have spotted it already in any case.

I'm a bit obsessive about lawns, I always kept the one at me mam and dad's like a bowling green. It's not that great now but it has been over 30 years since I moved out.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm joe.

Thought I was being a bit picky about the lawn and anyway you've got eyes so you'd have spotted it already in any case.

I'm a bit obsessive about lawns, I always kept the one at me mam and dad's like a bowling green. It's not that great now but it has been over 30 years since I moved out.
    Ours is more a sort of wildflower meadow.

I'm a bit obsessive about lawns, I always kept the one at me mam and dad's like a bowling green.
    That's rather interesting, as no offence, I wouldn't have had you down as the type!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Ours is more a sort of wildflower meadow.
    Ah, you've gone for that un-managed 'natural' look

Marco.
    Main System

I'm joe.

Ah, you've gone for that un-managed 'natural' look

Marco.
    Or the 'lazy-arsed' look as it's otherwise know. Cunningly merging two threads, the Royal wedding gave me several hours in which to clear the worst of the weeds and give the lawns a quick trim, so now they look slightly unkempt rather than entirely neglected.

I'm Steve.

Yeah, gardens and "lady gardens" have much in common.

In the sixties/seventies, lawns were more like meadows, quite bushy and sometimes a bit overgrown.

These days they tend to be more carefully manicured, sometimes no grass, just gravel or flagging.

Slugs trails are a constant though
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Martin.

That's rather interesting, as no offence, I wouldn't have had you down as the type!

Marco.
    Over the years I've adopted a much more relaxed attitude towards pretty much everything. So I don't blame you. I still have thing about lawns though. I went round Anfield once and they let you touch the turf. It's like carpet.
    Current Lash Up:

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Yeah, gardens and "lady gardens" have much in common.

In the sixties/seventies, lawns were more like meadows, quite bushy and sometimes a bit overgrown.

These days they tend to be more carefully manicured, sometimes no grass, just gravel or flagging.

Slugs trails are a constant though
    What are you like? Next you'll be telling your wife that you'd prefer it if she had a 'baldy lawn'

Marco.
    Main System

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast