I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Jeez, I thought you had taste!

Marco.
    amps are ok.. copper is fine...isnt it?
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Yeah if they were all-copper, without that hideous 'faux-Rolex' dial on the front, which likely does hee-haw of any real use, they'd be ok!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Grant.

looks like a hairy chest medallion wonder if i would suit one

Last edited by struth; 14-05-2018 at 11:16.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Dennis.

The picture' shown style looks as if based on or extracted from the film Forbidden Planet.

Some style, and even slightly appealing - until you integrate it with the inherent simplicity of analogue audio, its function and our knowledge of BS/jewellery problem.

Somehow to me it might be OK if it had no function.

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharos View Post
    The picture' shown style looks as if based on or extracted from the film Forbidden Planet.

Some style, and even slightly appealing - until you integrate it with the inherent simplicity of analogue audio, its function and our knowledge of BS/jewellery problem.

I'm Martin.

If they had nicked the styling from 'Forbidden Planet' that would be okay. Good, even. But I don't remember anything in that film having blingy copper strips and a Jules Verne porthole thingy going on.

Much prefer the old (1990s) Krell styling. A high end power amp should look like a piece of laboratory equipment, not a piece of male jewellery. I'd be embarrassed to own them. I suppose if I was rich enough to buy them I'd be rich enough to have all the internals built into a more appropriate housing. Give the old cases to the tat man when he comes around.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    A high end power amp should look like a piece of laboratory equipment,
    Why?
    Sounds daft to me.
    Do you wear a lab coat when you settle down to listen?

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    Why?
    Sounds daft to me.
    Do you wear a lab coat when you settle down to listen?
    Of course. And safety goggles. Doesn't everyone? I draw the line at having a row of pens in the top pocket though.

I'd be embarrassed if someone came round and saw them, I really would. They might as well have 'I'm a stupidly rich arsehole with zero taste or self awareness' written all over them in indelible black marker pen.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm gone.

Well, it takes all sorts.

Hifi gear pretending to be lab gear seems more pretentious to me.
    Sort of inverse snobbery.

If you don't want the D'Agostino gear feel free to give them to me.

I'm Geoff.

I llke Martin's point of view. We could do with more "inverse snobbery" in Hi-Fi, I'm in favour of that. That's why I avoid buying silver or 'champagne' coloured equipment, black or grey is the way to go, matt finish even better. Makers like Line Magnetic lead the way. Good Hi-Fi should not look out of place in a boiler room!! So there!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast