+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast

Thread: Munich High End show 2018

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharos View Post
    there are no criteria by which to judge aesthetics?
    I think there are. Nothing set in stone though, but the word 'bling' gives us a clue. It wouldn't exist otherwise.

Things can be artistic or even artful and still display restrained good taste. I find some people's idea of 'classy' hilarious.

Me? I like things simple, with form being dictated by function. The ideal example was the original Alec Issigonis design of the Mini. Absolutely no concessions to styling, but it looked great. The hideous modern BMW mini 'clone' is just the opposite.

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by sjs View Post
    The Fuuga, Kuzma, Monaco combination did sound very nice

Last year LV only took the Palladium speakers, this year they had the Vox Olypium in the LV room and the Vox Palladium in the Engstrom room. The subs do quite a bit, they fill in below around 70 Hz above which the mid-bass horn takes over afaik.
    Very true I watched a couple of Mundorf guys come in and damage the Paladiums, with Kevin yelling at them to "get out!". High drama.

After I flew in, I was hungry so had this pork which was absolutely brilliant, from the market close to Marienplatz. Excellent pork, great crackling, fab gravy, brilliant sauerkraut, super potatoes (with something in I wasn't able to isolate - same was true of the sauerkraut).

8 Euros 50. I can honestly say I enjoyed it more than the otherwise very nice pork I had at Spatenhaus, the bill for which in total for me personally came to 61 Euros! Recommended.

Regulars should recognise it - courtesy of Google.

I'm Justin.

TdP made me smile/pissed me off a bit.

I watched him playing with the R2R below for about 10 minutes, expecting him to start playing from it. About then I thought "I give up" but then decided no, I'd stay. Another 5 minutes later he was still messing with it. I had to leave. Couldn't handle any more of it!

Older gear on display.

I'm Adam.

Default Munich High End show 2018

Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    The new Pink Triangle looks and sounds super exciting - I can’t wait to learn more about it!
    I was chatting to Arthur about it at Munich - it does sound very intriguing and I look forward to seeing and hearing the finished article.

The only problem I have with it is that, with a projected price tag of £60-70,000 you could buy three SL-1000Rs for that...
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Geoff.

What are the speakers on the EAR display?

I'm Justin.

The music in the Air Tight video is from the Brandt Brauer Frick Ensemble album Mr Machine.

According to TIDAL, they are described as "Kraftwerk in reverse". Oddly , the track isn't that typical of the rest of the material.

Strongly in the fabulous sonics category, I was listening to it on my newly returned modified Lampizator last night. Highly recommended if you like electronica.

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    What are the speakers on the EAR display?
    http://www.grahamaudio.co.uk/products/ls58/

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by hifinutt View Post
    hope you and keith have a wonderful time , tell keith to listen especially to the verity audio otellos and feed back to me if poss

http://www.verityaudio.com/en/loudsp...in-line/otello
    FWIW I thought the mid range and treble was nice and open. Filled the large room well.

But what I don't particularly like is the bass units firing the wrong way. There's a loss of definition because of that, and it just sounds a bit wrong. I'd turn the bass cabs round and see what they sound like then. Couldn't do it, obviously.

I wonder what the (odd?) reasoning for it is.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    Ah. Interesting. Nice to see the old Audax 13/34 tweeter still in favour. I've used them myself.

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Ah. Interesting. Nice to see the old Audax 13/34 tweeter still in favour. I've used them myself.
    They sound alright just nothing special in the presence of much more expensive offerings at the show. You can hear the drivers are polyprop. They definitely have the same sonic character common to other polyprop drivers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast