+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Munich High End show 2018

I'm Justin.

A quick walk through Marienplatz... spot the fairy. No, really!

I'm Justin.

I kept seeing Fremer all over the place. Anyway, go to exactly 35 minutes in this video for the new Pink Triangle turntable.

Now that does look nice.

I'm Justin.

Mobile pics of the £20K Techie stuck in a display case. Couldn't get any closer.

I've seen worse I think it looks pretty fine in the flesh TBH.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Actually, Having blown the picture up, it seems I was wrong. I think the coil is above the stylus tip between those magnet 'jaws' and I can see fine wires leading down the cantilever. Unusual. Could be very good if they've got it right.
    Now that makes a lot of sense: eliminates the mechanical disadvantage of having the coils near the fulcrum, and so can generate a larger electrical signal with a nice strong and concentrated magnetic field for them to work in. I want one!

Suspect it's hugely expensive though, as will be the re-tipping.
    Barry

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    Mobile pics of the £20K Techie stuck in a display case.
    £14k actually!
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Dennis.

I am feeling rather divorced from any real enthusiasm about this exorbitantly expensive stuff, and a sense of alienation from the Hi-Fi culture seems to be developing in me.

I find the indulgent use of exotic materials almost obscene, and so far detached from my notions of scientific analysis of the objective and attempts at solutions; it all looks pretty obscenely opulent, and I bet that much of it can be nearly matched in SQ by much cheaper stuff.

Much description also seems to be almost as if pasted from a personal memory of the collective style of the Hi-Fi writers.

Something to me is really wrong here; it all seems detached from the realities of sound and to have morphed into a world of Industrial/3D design, ( I studied at Ravensbourne College)

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    £14k actually!
    No.

£20K actually.

Source Hi-Fi News June 2018 page 34.

Motor unit, plinth and arm. As pictured.

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharos View Post
    Much description also seems to be almost as if pasted from a personal memory of the collective style of the Hi-Fi writers.
    Really? I think I'd be instantly sacked for some of the stuff I've written here if working for the press. And there's no real attempt at a review of anything. It is all subjective bullshit and rantings. I usually put that in - absolutely take everything I say with a pinch of salt.

You are right though it is possible to do very well for much less money.

But that isn't the issue here. Money making and expensive product is a huge consideration. Like high end anything else e.g. cars and jewelry.

People also love to gawp at the huge prices being asked. Mainly because most can't even vaguely afford it.

If all that upsets you - get a grip. It's just a hobby.

I'm Tristan.

Mobile pics of the £20K Techie stuck in a display case. Couldn't get any closer.

It had a great review in HiFi News. It can take 3 arms.

I'm Lee.

They had the Technics playing in a room mate in the Technics room, it was behind a pair of white doors. When we went in the guy was just getting ready to do his speech to the people gathered on the chairs so we politely left. It looks a nice machine in the flesh and very well manufactured but at £20k there's a lot of competition and from what I've heard its no better than the original SP10
    Vinyl rig 1 - NAS Spacedeck / FR64s / Lab 12 Melto / Denon SUT / Ortofon GM SPU. Vinyl rig 2 Mono Set Up - Lenco GL75 c/w Jelco 750D / AT33 Mono / EAR 834P Modded. Amplifiers - Audio Note Empress Silver / Hattor Passive Pre. Digital - Fanless Mini PC / Lampizator TRP / Linear PSU / Hummingboard Network audio adaptor. Speakers - Horns.pl Mummy's. Cables are Audio Note / Albedo / Furutech Speaker wire. Power conditioner is a Gigawatt PC2 EVO

+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast