+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast

Thread: Munich High End show 2018

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    You can hear the drivers are polyprop
    Not surprised. You usually can (but not always) .

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Not surprised. You usually can (but not always) .
    Excellent I'm glad I'm not the only one to recognise it

I'm Dennis.

TdP did develop his own loudspeaker a while ago.(And he offered me a job in '91, but then went broke).

The Graham audio LS 5/8 is not a true one because it is passive, the original being active. I used that woofer, (the old original) in my own design with the Heils, and BBC engineers were quick to say that they thought this a good move because the original 34mm tweeter they felt was flawed. The speaker is as big as a washing machine.

Yes PP has a signature, but it was a great move forward from Bextrene which used to shatter under high excursions, as well as needing applied damping.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharos View Post
    the original 34mm tweeter they felt was flawed
    Yes it can lack refinement at the top. Bit like some Dynaudio domes to my ears.

I'm Justin.

Interesting looking tonearm/TT from De Baer.

Magnet force anti-skating, the three pole design claims to eliminate resonance. I bet it doesn't. Eliminate is a strong word to use here, I think.

Found in a Rockport Lyra/Soulution room.

I'm Kevin.

I kept seeing Fremer all over the place. Anyway, go to exactly 35 minutes in this video for the new Pink Triangle turntable.

Now that does look nice.

I bet it is not cheap though.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Justin.

Some very funky looking kit from CanEVER Audio. Big poster about the DAC, but they didn't appear to have one there.

On static display which is a bit of a shame, hearing some of it would have been nice.

I therefore can't say much about it so follow the above website link if curious. I like the quirky look - it's pretty original. No idea of cost but it looks way too well made to be cheap.

Has anyone ever heard any of this gear or have anything to say about it? I'd love to hear that DAC in my system. Not because I need to change DACs - just because.

EDIT: Actually the black one (2nd pic down) is the Zero Uno Plus which is an analogue board strapped into what would otherwise be the Zero Uno DAC. The green one might be the Zero Uno DAC but says it is a digital preamp on the fascia below Zero Uno.

Maybe. God knows what the one marked La Fenice actually is. If anyone works it out...

Last edited by User211; 20-05-2018 at 21:44.

I'm Justin.

You should find 271 pics here on OneDrive, if you like pic surfing.

Anyone can use them for any purpose. They have some compression and the originals are definitely better when zooming, but I optimised the compression to produce 250K odd jpegs, so they are pretty good. It is possible OneDrive compressed them further I haven't checked recently, but a while ago it definitely seemed to leave uploads untouched.
    Last edited by User211; 21-05-2018 at 11:32.

I'm Edward.

You should find 271 pics here on OneDrive, if you like pic surfing.

Anyone can use them for any purpose. They have some compression and the originals are definitely better when zooming, but I optimised the compression to produce 250K odd jpegs, so they are pretty good. It is possible OneDrive compressed them further I haven't checked recently, but a while ago it definitely seemed to leave uploads untouched.

Hi Justin, your onedrive pics are not visible. Did you 'share' them within the onedrive app or is the link simply to the album you created? If only to the album you also need to 'share' it.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Justin.

It is shared. I think the link was just duff, try this.

Fixed the original link too, BTW.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast