+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Munich High End show 2018

I'm Justin.

The immense and new Gobel Divin.

Great scale, effortless, easy. A bit too easy to be interesting? I'll give it some more attention tomorrow.

The decent camera has managed more pics than I thought. Just can't take videos without noise and re-booting it numerous times results in it behaving differently each time. Very schizo.

Can't post the better pics til I get back.

If you can't see the above pic I am not surprised. Can't get the embed code on my mobile. I will sort it later.
    Last edited by User211; 11-05-2018 at 20:45.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I like the idea that the speaker binding posts can be tightened with a 1/2" spanner. No doubt it will make KK tumescent with desire - that egregious Breuget looking power meter will do it!

If it was all black it might not look too bad, but copper/silver is IMO just too 'blingy' - Jules Verne'ish steam-punk.
    Barry

I'm Martin.

Is 'Relentless' really a good name for an amplifier? And why do all these new high end amps look like they were designed by Captain Nemo?

And the price! I could buy 4 houses in my street for that money. How can a case, a traffo and some resistors and caps cost the same as 4 houses? And don't give me this 'R&D is expensive' nonsense. The bloke's been making amps for 30 years, you can't tell me he a hasn't figured out all the angles already.

Maybe Nemo charges a fortune for his casework design? I suppose he does have a nuclear submarine to keep running so I can see why he might be expensive. But if that's the case get someone else to design it. I'm sure I could sketch out something equally as hideous and I'll only charge £300 plus VAT. Dan, are you listening? Dan....?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Edward.

Managed to grab a few pictures of the show yesterday.

It was heaving and I reckon the number of people was up at least half compared to last year.

Some really lovely stuff. Lots of bling as well.

Here is a link to pictures I took yesterday.

https://1drv.ms/a/s!Arf68P30ulKQ-0A3rarGWoPg3u0L

Any of the pics can be used for non commercial use with no attribution to me.

Sorry I've got no time at the moment to embed any pictures here. Feel free to do so.

E

Via Tapatalk
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Paul.

A mere 5.5Kw powersupply no less! 6000w into 2 ohms. I can see where that would come in useful in any domestic environment
    ~Paul~

I'm George.

And I need some new amps for the 5.1 system. Now let me see that means the total cost will be.....Can anyone lend me £1.5M??

I'm David.

Great pics Edward. Thanks for sharing.
    Melco N1A, Hegel 390, PMC Twenty5 22.

I'm Adam.

Great pics Edward. Some shiny things there!
    I bet those horns had you drooling!
    "lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

I'm Justin.

Show all over will post some thoughts tomorrow.

Two threads of the same name. My fault. Can a modster add the word report as the last word on this one? Cheers.

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by George47 View Post
    And I need some new amps for the 5.1 system. Now let me see that means the total cost will be.....Can anyone lend me £1.5M??
    It's actually 250,000 for a pair of monoblocks, so for a 5-1 system only 750,000 making it a true bargain
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast