+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rega RS3 speaker. Opinions plse.

I'm Gary.

Default Rega RS3 speaker. Opinions plse.

Can I have your opinions on these plse.

Room details.....firing across the room to sitting position 2.5 metres, leaving 1/2 metre behind speaker position. Other room dimension 7 metres, normal ceiling height. Carpeted solid floor.

Speakers 2 1/2 metres apart.

Amplifier either Audio Analogue Puccini, or Tisbury pre into monobloc Parasound Zamps.

Currently have Ruark Templars Mk1.

Probably looking for more bass, room is quite resonant though.

I'm Jason.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder5 View Post
    Currently have Ruark Templars Mk1.

Probably looking for more bass, room is quite resonant though.
    Hmm. I love Templars. I love RS3's too - they're just so musical, and they're very easy to position thanks to the bass units. Very detailed, excellent at low volumes, can rock if need to. I'm not sure if they'll give you what you need instead of the Templars though, which are equally excellent speakers. On balance I prefer the 3s. If you can, give them a try, you'd not lose much (if anything) of you re-sold. The RS3s are a special speaker.
    ----------------------
    Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do - you'll be a mile away. And have his shoes.

Wavy grooves go thru a RigB 540ML on an SL1500C. Digits stream from a cheapie CDP and a Sonos, into a Yamaha 803D driving Kralk Audio little 'uns. I used to have a Linn but I'm better now.

I'm Gary.

Thanks Jason, appreciate your comments.

I'm Justin.

If of any use, I see Moorgates in Sheffield have some factory seconds of the newer RX3 http://www.moorgateacoustics.co.uk/s...l?options=cart
    Yamaha NP-S303 / Audiolab 6000cdt
    NAD D1050 dac
    Creek Destiny 2
    PMC DB1 Gold / KEF LS50

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Mac View Post
    If of any use, I see Moorgates in Sheffield have some factory seconds of the newer RX3 http://www.moorgateacoustics.co.uk/s...l?options=cart
    Thanks Justin, will have a look

I'm Gary.

Loved my RS3's, had a pair for a few years.

Not fussy and easy to place, maybe right up there with as good a speaker as you'd need for a smaller room.
    Very musical, get the feet tapping.
    Appreciate good quality speaker cable to show what they can do, best way to set them up imo is to have the side firing driver to the inside.
    Only thing they give up to the bigger RS5 is a touch more scale and bass weight, all else equal.

Hope this helps.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post
    Loved my RS3's, had a pair for a few years.

Not fussy and easy to place, maybe right up there with as good a speaker as you'd need for a smaller room.
    Very musical, get the feet tapping.
    Appreciate good quality speaker cable to show what they can do, best way to set them up imo is to have the side firing driver to the inside.
    Only thing they give up to the bigger RS5 is a touch more scale and bass weight, all else equal.

Hope this helps.
    It does, many thanks.

+ Reply to Thread