+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wanted - full range 8" drivers

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    nope... fast and light paper with alnico mags. old but very good. early 60,s i think. about 98 db but only 3ohm and 8/10 watt a piece. hence this time i used 2 to get 6 ohm and maybe up to 20 watts. dont need much up em tho
    was 2 sold on bay recently for 120 inc post, which imo is still cheap
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Well the Lowther Classic 400 are up and running with the Coral Flat 8 in the front and the Hemp Acoustic FR8c in the rear. Will let them play for an hour or two then will have a listen. Will let you know. Martin

I'm Geoff.

Some might argue that using dissimilar drivers in the same acoustic cavity is not a good idea, however, I suspect it may work well enough here, Horns are funny things . The Coral is a lovely drive unit, rare too. Dunno about the Hemp, not heard those.

I'm Ian.

Agree about the Corals. Flat 8's were my first venture into full rangers. Sweet and very easy to listen to which suited me fine for most music but not so great with the likes of Massive Attack

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlenco View Post
    Agree about the Corals. Flat 8's were my first venture into full rangers. Sweet and very easy to listen to which suited me fine for most music but not so great with the likes of Massive Attack
    Bet they would be in a decent transmission line box.

I'm Martin.

Hi All, I must say I am pleased with the results, very engaging speakers. Martin

I'm Geoff.

Have you checked the DC resistance at terminals? Just to make sure you're not running your amp into silly low impedance. I'm assuming you have the drivers wired in parallel.

I'm Martin.

Hi Geoff, all checked and OK. Thanks Martin

I'm Steve.

I can recommend the Visaton B200. I built a pair of OBs with them and 2 x Eminence Alpha 15A each side and they were awesome. In fact Ali Tait may still have them.
    They swim... the mark of Satan is upon them. They must hang.

FLAC / WDTV Live / Cambridge Audio / Tannoy VX12

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123