+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wanted: stylus guard

montesquieu Guest

Default Wanted: stylus guard

Wanted: stylus guard ... Something like the metal one on a Denon 102 - I know it's a long shot but anyone know where I can get hold of one? There were some available years ago on the Lenco forum but not any more, and some were done for the Midas cartridge bodies.

Anyway a pic .. something like this:

I'm Steve.

Hi Tom

The guard looks almost the same as the one on my at33ptg.
    Regards Steve...
    Turntable; Rega p8
    Cartridge; Alpheta mc
    Phono Stage; Rega Aria, Bigbottle 3 mm/mc
    Amplifier; Rega Elicit
    Speakers; Rega Rx3

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    Wanted: stylus guard ... Something like the metal one on a Denon 102. There were some available years ago on the Lenco forum but not any more, and some were done for the Midas cartridge bodies.

Anyway a pic .. something like this:

The Midas bodies and guards were made by David Wong in Hong Kong who was on the Lenco forum. I have an email from 3 years ago when he said that he usually charges $35 per guard but offered 4 for $100 inc. shipping.
    I can pm you his contact details if interested.
    These guards are also good on Micro Benz cartridges which come without any protection.
    R.

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rockhopper View Post
    The Midas bodies and guards were made by David Wong in Hong Kong who was on the Lenco forum. I have an email from 3 years ago when he said that he usually charges $35 per guard but offered 4 for $100 inc. shipping.
    I can pm you his contact details if interested.
    These guards are also good on Micro Benz cartridges which come without any protection.
    R.
    Sounds ideal Russell yes please PM. I did contact him via Lenco forum PM but I didn't get a reply.

I'm Mark.

I'm sure I could make one out of this bit of springy scrap metal - came out of a cheap scart plug I think.
    (Surely a simple U section would be good enough too, no need to shape it quite so much around the stylus)

montesquieu Guest

PM incoming Mark

+ Reply to Thread