+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Equipment Comparisons and Box Swapping. The Bane of HI-Fi!

I'm Dominic.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Your skeletal remains will be found in an armchair, surrounded by beer cans and take away cartons, in front of banks of Krell amps and huge Tannoys!
    You forgot to mention the immense mountain of hi-fi magazines dating back to the 1970's
    CD player = Marantz CD6006
    DAC/pre = Rotel RC 1572
    Power amp = ADA PF201
    Speaks = Quadral Chromium Style 6

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I'm at stage 5: Acceptance. As long as I can afford it, I don't care anymore. It's fun and I hardly ever sell anything so I can always go back to what I had before if I decide I don't like the latest thing. That's the plus. The minus is the house is full of the bloody stuff. Makes me laugh when people say they are selling their cds to 'free up some space'. Yay! An extra cubic foot of room! Wouldn't even scratch the surface here.
    I don’t know what stage I would be. I’ve just some new speakers, but they were not a lot of money and I had been searching for a pair for a long time. Usually when I get the urge to buy something I have a splurge on music instead.
    ~Paul~

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by nonuffin View Post
    You forgot to mention the immense mountain of hi-fi magazines dating back to the 1970's
    No only the 1980s. It is still a mountain though. Or would be if I were to make them into one. A bit like that bloke in 'Close Encounters Of The Third Kind' does with his mashed potatoes.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm joe.

Actually it's dead easy to cure this particular addiction; just stop reading hifi mags/visiting forums/walking past hifi shops. Or lose all your money on the horses.

I'm George.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    At a time far in the future, your neighbours will realise they've not seen you for some years. The police will break the door down and after clambering over a wall of what will by then be vintage classic Hi-Fi gear. Your skeletal remains will be found in an armchair, surrounded by beer cans and take away cartons, in front of banks of Krell amps and huge Tannoys!

Of course, similar will happen with Audio Al. (where is he lately?)
    Yea, he died happy and with a big grin on his face

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

I guess I've done quite a bit of box swapping over time but I did use the AN Oto for about 8 years along with the AN Dac and either Heresy, Rega RS3's or LV's so I guess that's not too bad

My latest is a Naim setup used with either LV's or the Maggies and I'm just as happy with the sound as I was with the AN, it's just different
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12