Thread: Anyone recognise this arm?

I'm Lee.

Default Anyone recognise this arm?

As title. Just wondering what this is?

Cheers

unknownarm.jpg
    Cheers Lee

I'm Geoff.

Terrible picture, but it may be an Audio Technica. Try googling images.

I'm Lee.

Nice pointer. Looks like a AT-1010.
    audiotechnica_at1010.jpg
    Last edited by lilolee; 30-04-2018 at 18:47. Reason: add pic
    Cheers Lee

I'm Geoff.

I think it is. Nice arm. Your pic is not working by the way.

I'm Alan.

Yes AT 1010 nice arm

Alan
    Turntable - Garrard 401/Jelco 750L/Ortofon Kontrapunkt B, Pioneer PLC 590, Micro Sieki MA505 , Denon DL103R - DIY Paradise Phono stage - Reel 2 Reel Studer A810, Otari MX55,Tascam BR20, Revox A77, B77, PR99, TEAC X1000 & 3440, Digital HTPC / Young Dac - Preamp - DIY B4, 821, Power Amp's DIY Avondale NCC300 Mono Block, Speakers Wilmslow Kit Volt BM220.8 / Scanspeak D2905/9500

Bigman80 Guest

Oh my word, if you're considering buying it, have a chat with Phonomac, the man is an AT guru. He modified mine and it's an absolutely wonderful arm.

Here's mine

montesquieu Guest

I'll likely have an AT-1010 for sale soon my Ikeda is due back from Angus next weekend. (You would have seen it yesterday - that's the 9in arm that's doing duty on my TD124 at the moment.

I had thought about using it for the basis of an SP10 project but I'm having other thoughts instead.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    I'll likely have an AT-1010 for sale soon my Ikeda is due back from Angus next weekend. (You would have seen it yesterday - that's the 9in arm that's doing duty on my TD124 at the moment.

I had thought about using it for the basis of an SP10 project but I'm having other thoughts instead.
    Lol, you've got too many options Tom, that's the problem

Mines going nowhere. If I ever get the urge to try anything else, it would be the matching Technics arm but that would be as well as the PMAT1010.

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Lol, you've got too many options Tom, that's the problem

Mines going nowhere. If I ever get the urge to try anything else, it would be the matching Technics arm but that would be as well as the PMAT1010.
    I'd love the Technics EPA 100 but at 10 inch it would be a difficult fit on the 1210, although maybe not impossible.

Superb arm although the ruby bearings are very delicate so it would have to have the Phono Mac look over and magic servicing treatment.

Has true and beautifully smooth on the fly vta, variable dynamic damping plus

Suspension: gimbal type with 20 precision ruby ball bearings

Arm pipe: titanium nitride
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieGong View Post
    I'd love the Technics EPA 100 but at 10 inch it would be a difficult fit on the 1210, although maybe not impossible.

Superb arm although the ruby bearings are very delicate so it would have to have the Phono Mac look over and magic servicing treatment.

Has true and beautifully smooth on the fly vta, variable dynamic damping plus

Suspension: gimbal type with 20 precision ruby ball bearings

Arm pipe: titanium nitride
    Sounds good doesn't it.

+ Reply to Thread