+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Food for thought. LED light causes cancer?

I'm Martin.

I am also more reluctant to get onto an aeroplane than in a car, despite the stats. But the stats don't tell the whole story. If I am on a plane and something goes badly wrong then I'm dead. if I'm in a car and something goes badly wrong there is a reasonable chance of survival.

Consequently, even though the stats clearly demonstrate that there is a much greater chance of something going wrong in a car compared to an aircraft, I feel much more comfortable getting in the car than getting onboard a plane.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I am also more reluctant to get onto an aeroplane than in a car, despite the stats. But the stats don't tell the whole story. If I am on a plane and something goes badly wrong then I'm dead. if I'm in a car and something goes badly wrong there is a reasonable chance of survival.

Consequently, even though the stats clearly demonstrate that there is a much greater chance of something going wrong in a car compared to an aircraft, I feel much more comfortable getting in the car than getting onboard a plane.
    Well, yes, me too, though the more I fly the less I worry about flying. I had a horrendous flight back from Amsterdam about fifteen years ago, which put me off flying for several years.

I'm Martin.

The only flight I've had that wasn't horrendous was an overnight across the States, hardly anyone on the plane so I covered myself in blankets and slept across a row of empty seats. That's why I've always wondered why, even in 2018, there is no 'B.A Baracus' solution on offer where you can just eat a drugged hamburger and wake up at customs.

Mind you I've a mate whose been in 2 crash landings and walked away both times. And he still flies. Hope over experience IMO.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Martin.

In fact, taking that thought further, why not drug everyone who gets on a plane? No need to provide food, drink or toilet facilities, no need for cabin crew, save the airlines a fortune. Also no risk of being hi-jacked in mid-air, so security problems solved as well.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Geoff.

You should try being in a plane doing aerobatics. You'd either love it or be too traumatised to ever fly again.

(I loved it by the way )

Flying is perfectly safe. It's the crashing bit that hurts!

I'm Martin.

No way you'd get me doing that unless you put a gun to my head.

To get on a plane I have to think about all the bomber crews in WW2 flying over Germany in comparatively primitive aircraft and being shot at by triple A and Focke-Wulfs. Then it seems a bit shit that I am scared to get on a modern airliner in peacetime. So I basically shame myself into doing it. But I don't like it one bit.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Steve.

I bought a novelty cigarette lighter while on holiday last year, which has a couple of flashing LED's. That's going in the bin now, not worth the risk
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    No way you'd get me doing that unless you put a gun to my head.

To get on a plane I have to think about all the bomber crews in WW2 flying over Germany in comparatively primitive aircraft and being shot at by triple A and Focke-Wulfs. Then it seems a bit shit that I am scared to get on a modern airliner in peacetime. So I basically shame myself into doing it. But I don't like it one bit.
    Used to fly a lot and hated it. Only time I liked it was in a little Cessna that was fun. Helicopters were novel but you soon thought about a minor failure and the end of days
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

It's weird. Helicopters I don't mind at all. I flew over the volcano on Monserrat in one on Friday 13th. And we did nearly die, but that was the fault of the volcano, not the chopper.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Alex.

About 25 years ago I was in a small plane, certainly very scared, was even more scared when the pilot said to me:

"you take the controls now"

I did, and when the plane recovered from it's aerobatics, he said to me:

"Don't worry, If we crash they won't know who was flying"
    Spendorman

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123