+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stylus types

I'm Peter.

Default Stylus types

I have a Nagaoka MP-100 cartridge on my AT LP-5 turntable and it sounds great, the MP-100 has a super fine 'Conical' diamond tip, would fitting a MP-110 elliptical stylus to my MP-100 make much difference, both cartridges get excellent reviews.

Pete

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

Should be better tracking, especially at end of side than a conical, why not try it.
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

I'm Steve.

Try the 200 stylus if your budget is enough, it has a boron cantilever which should improve detail as it is stiffer than the aluminium cantilever of the 100 and 110.
    Steve.

Kit I have:
    CD player, TTs, Phono stages, Pre amps, Power amps, Integrated amps, DACs, Streamers, Speakers and a bunch of cables.

I'm Peter.

Thanks for the suggestions, Rather than up grade the stylus I will probably look at a different cartridge, ( my local dealer said he was willing to part exchange ), but still in the budget ball park, so far the Goldring E-3 or one of the Audio Technica cartridges are attracting my attention, I guess £120 is the absolute limit. I need to put a cap on the upgrading ladder so the next cartridge will have to be it on my LP-5

Peter

+ Reply to Thread