Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
That is possible, but unlikely. The coil gap is to a certain extent self cleaning, as the cone move back and forth, the compression and decompression causes quite a bit of air to 'chuff' through the gap and blows it clean.
Hi Geoff, also the Celestion is closed and not ported, so only dust would be in the damping material. I will comment below about previous owner

Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
In the case of the SL6 a sagging cone is most unlikely as it is too small to weigh enough and has quite a stiff suspension. Also, I don’t want to seem overly dismissive, but it’s very unlikely to be dust. What is likely is that either the driver has been overdriven and broken a glue joint between the voicecoil and the rear spider, or the glue has become brittle over time. Your best bet is likely buy a good second hand pair and use them as spares.
Hi Mark,
Over driven, maybe that is possible, as my new friend i made when selling a CD player on gumtree, like one of my Technics amplifers and we did a swap, i had a choice of proac or celestions but i feel for the celestions. He likes his music loud, proac had a tweeter replacement. He has some other really good speakers also. One my Technics amp, almost thought i heard a pop when it was turned up too much.

Not really cheap i see a box, if seller on ebay is happy to send just woofers 175pounds , no history of speakers hope they are fine, he can sell the tweeters and do less for me

Quote Originally Posted by STD305M View Post
Hi Sam
There is a pair of drivers on ebay for £29
Very easy to replace
Regards Steve...
Hi Steve,
Thank you, i saw those, they are replacement woofers, not the original woofers i am after - only chance if a seller can part with just woofers for less on ebay
Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
It can.

But I do know this series of drivers seem comfortable handling a fair bit of power, in fact the low 83db sensitivity seems to demand it to an extent. I know my very similar SL600Si's were happy on the end of a 200 watt power amp. The claimed power handling of the SL6 was 150 watts.
Hi Geoff, yes my friend had them on a 250watt power amp, sure the V8 with its 105watt in 8ohm and high current output transistors would no do the Celestions harm, i just keep volume on 2 as they are in my bedroom so a small room 3.3m x 3.3m