+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: spdif card for pc?

Didn't think i would still be able to build a computer ... It's a peice of piss int it?!
    Yes, building it is. But specifying the best VFM components that work well together and do what you want is an art form.

OS & Software tweaking is an art form as well.

Kris.

I'm David.

We followed the advice of your self and others, we ended up going for
    intel core i5 750 1156 2.66ghz 8mb
    asus p7p55
    nvidia9500gt
    2 gb ram

we put it all in these cases

big 200mm fan and silent running psu have kept it really quiet and the clever design of the case has made things very neat and tidy inside
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm notAlone.

Nice build hamish, and very nice motherboard. Is the 9500gt fanless ?
    Dimitri.

In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
    George Orwell

I'm David.

Yeah we specifically chose the fanless one for quietness.
    We did have one problem that was hugely frustrating - because the case holds the psu at the bottom and the 4 pin 12v mobo power conection is in a position more suitable for the psu being at the top the cable on the psu was too short!
    We ended up adapting a molex, which was fine, but it seemed a bit daft that there was no indication that this problem might occur in any related documentation... Our fault for trying to be clever and build little Matx based computers I guess ... But it would have been nice to have it suggested by the case manufactures that this sorta thing could happen...
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm Paul.

Smart Hamish! Some people complain about PC's as they consider that the quality of the SPDIF output wont be as good as a CDP. I cant say either way but I dont consider my PC to be deficient.

If you you need help optimising the the OS so it uses less system resources give us a shout.
    ~Paul~

I'm David.

Il get back to you on that one Paul, cheers
    can I still use the asio drivers? If so does anyone know of any reason they wouldn't work with foobar and windows 7?

I'm notAlone.

I think you don't need ASIO with Win7.
    Dimitri.

George Orwell

I'm David.

Is that a right? Coolio... So I should just be able to plug the spdif card in and press play then?

I'm notAlone.

Yes. Just tick the "Disable all enhancements" box in the properties box (right click the speaker icon on the bottom right, and choose playback device).
    Then let Foobar do the rest.
    Dimitri.

George Orwell

I'm David.

Sweet! I like a bit of simples

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast