+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: spdif card for pc?

I'm David.

Default spdif card for pc?

just built me a new pc based on the p7p55m mobo
    http://uk.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID...QW0&templete=2

i noticed it has a spdif conection on the board so have decided to dich the usb option - i cant get aiso to work with windows 7 and fancy seeing what sound upgrade i might get

does anyone have any recomendations .. i dont have a sound card, and dont particuly want one if i can just get a basic spdif card...

any thoughs anyone?
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

The part you need can be found here http://www.asus.com/999/html/events/...ccessories.htm , and you can buy it here http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SPDIF-MODULE-F...item518ef81399 - funny thing is that on the listing it states free shipping, yet postage charges far greater than the monetary value of the part are also shown.
    Maybe they only ship FOC to the USA.
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm David.

cheers chris...

thinking a bit more about this, i guess it would be nice to listen to my high rez stuff ... will that card deal with 24/96? or should i be looking for something else?
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm David.

I think you'll be hitting the same set of buffers no matter which route you take - 24/192 is usually dealt with by proprietary connections, not the S/PDIF common to most everything else. Which mean 24/96 maximum resolution.

Just re-read your post and the answer should have been a simple "yes".
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by hamish View Post
    Certainly looks like it.
    Chris

I'm David.

sweet...cheers chris

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Six quid! Bargain, go for it! If nothing else, an interesting experiment as to which sounds best. (We know it should be coax, toslink usb in that order, but will it?)
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm notAlone.

Sometimes toslink sounds better if you have RF problems. Toslink offers RF isolation between the source and dac.
    Dimitri.

In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
    George Orwell

I'm David.

Ordered and paid for last night so I shall have a tinker next week ... Didn't think i would still be able to build a computer ... It's a peice of piss int it?!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast