+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: JR149 mk1

I'm Andrew.

Hi Andrew, I have 100wpc going up them with a damping factor of 200 , unfortunately I don’t have the space in our little room to get them a foot from the wall but I must say I am enjoying them more and more , they certainly don’t have the box sound ( boxy sound ) of the Coles and the soundstage is excellent, at first I thought they were too bright but my ears seem to have adjusted. Yeah they’re enjoyable.

I'm nigel.

That veneer is Teak.

I'm Andrew.

They can also be quite genre specific.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by andyrlb View Post
    Hi Andrew, I have 100wpc going up them with a damping factor of 200 , unfortunately I don’t have the space in our little room to get them a foot from the wall but I must say I am enjoying them more and more , they certainly don’t have the box sound ( boxy sound ) of the Coles and the soundstage is excellent, at first I thought they were too bright but my ears seem to have adjusted. Yeah they’re enjoyable.
    I'd be careful with 100W/ channel. In 1976 I bought a Quad 405 new. This was the first 'powerful' amplifier that I had. Connected to my home made Colloms Mini Monitors (KEF B200, Celestion HF1300, KEF T27), it was not long before I wound the volume up a bit, sound level did not seem that loud (speakers not very efficient), and one B200 burnt out, the other still worked, but was a bit cooked. I had both B200's rebuilt by KEF. The B100 uses the same voice coil as the B110
    Spendorman

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by spendorman View Post
    I'd be careful with 100W/ channel. In 1976 I bought a Quad 405 new. This was the first 'powerful' amplifier that I had. Connected to my home made Colloms Mini Monitors (KEF B110, Celestion HF1300, KEF T27), it was not long before I wound the volume up a bit, sound level did not seem that loud (speakers not very efficient), and one B200 burnt out, the other still worked, but was a bit cooked. I had both B200's rebuilt by KEF. The B100 uses the same voice coil as the B110

I appreciate the advice , I never listen loud though especially in such a small room

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Alex.

I appreciate the advice , I never listen loud though especially in such a small room

I have two pairs of JR 149's, their the second version, gold label, fuses on crossover, not bad speakers, better bass than my Chartwell LS3/5a, mid perhaps slightly inferior, but still good.
    Spendorman

I'm Andrew.

I have two pairs of JR 149's, their the second version, gold label, fuses on crossover, not bad speakers, better bass than my Chartwell LS3/5a, mid perhaps slightly inferior, but still good.
    I’m slightly confused about the label thing ?
    I’ve read that there is a gold label and a red label and confusingly gold logo is also mentioned!
    Mine are clearly mk1’s , when they say red label do they mean the sticker on the base or the jr logo ?

I'm Alex.

I’m slightly confused about the label thing ?
    I’ve read that there is a gold label and a red label and confusingly gold logo is also mentioned!
    Mine are clearly mk1’s , when they say red label do they mean the sticker on the base or the jr logo ?

Mine have a gold JR logo on the black bass, I understand that the earlier version has this in red.

One pair of my 149's have red leather inlay in the tops.
    Spendorman

I'm Andrew.

Mine have a gold JR logo on the black bass, I understand that the earlier version has this in red.

One pair of my 149's have red leather inlay in the tops.
    That’s the confusing bit , mine are the earliest version ( I believe) no fuse ! But have the gold logo on the black base which has the red sticker on the underside.
    Oh well I’m understanding all the hype now and loving them .

I'm Alex.

That’s the confusing bit , mine are the earliest version ( I believe) no fuse ! But have the gold logo on the black base which has the red sticker on the underside.
    Oh well I’m understanding all the hype now and loving them .

Mine have the gold logo as seem in this pic (not mine) http://img.canuckaudiomart.com/uploa...b8bb5a95f1.jpg

I'll have a look at the bottom of the speakers

On bottom of speaker, same gold JR logo
    Spendorman

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast