+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Silver WBT or KLE Pure Harmony RCA Plugs

I'm Alan.

The problem I have with Silver plugs is they are great when clean and new but oxidise turn black so then become inferior to gold which stays bright and clean much longer, doesent matter if its wbt or kle both degrade the same, just saying

Alan
    Turntable - Garrard 401/Jelco 750L/Ortofon Kontrapunkt B, Pioneer PLC 590, Micro Sieki MA505 , Denon DL103R - DIY Paradise Phono stage - Reel 2 Reel Studer A810, Otari MX55,Tascam BR20, Revox A77, B77, PR99, TEAC X1000 & 3440, Digital HTPC / Young Dac - Preamp - DIY B4, 821, Power Amp's DIY Avondale NCC300 Mono Block, Speakers Wilmslow Kit Volt BM220.8 / Scanspeak D2905/9500

I'm Alan.

Si has a good point about solder being inferior as a connector and that why its important to makes sure the wire makes good contact with the connecting surface before soldering same goes for through hole components in a circuit board

Alan
    Turntable - Garrard 401/Jelco 750L/Ortofon Kontrapunkt B, Pioneer PLC 590, Micro Sieki MA505 , Denon DL103R - DIY Paradise Phono stage - Reel 2 Reel Studer A810, Otari MX55,Tascam BR20, Revox A77, B77, PR99, TEAC X1000 & 3440, Digital HTPC / Young Dac - Preamp - DIY B4, 821, Power Amp's DIY Avondale NCC300 Mono Block, Speakers Wilmslow Kit Volt BM220.8 / Scanspeak D2905/9500

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by 337alant View Post
    The problem I have with Silver plugs is they are great when clean and new but oxidise turn black so then become inferior to gold which stays bright and clean much longer, doesent matter if its wbt or kle both degrade the same, just saying

Alan
    Silver does not oxidise very much in normal situations. The familiar blackening is actually a sulphide formation.

I'm Geoff.

Si has a good point about solder being inferior as a connector and that why its important to makes sure the wire makes good contact with the connecting surface before soldering same goes for through hole components in a circuit board

Alan
    The solder in soldered joints is usually much larger in conductive cross section than the conductors being joined, so there is no compromise of conductivity.

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    The solder in soldered joints is usually much larger in conductive cross section than the conductors being joined, so there is no compromise of conductivity.
    Silver does not oxidise very much in normal situations. The familiar blackening is actually a sulphide formation.
    Geoff
    In my experience I can only agree to disagree with both of your comments

Alan

I'm Deleted.

Alan
    Except silver oxide is still conductive.
    Account Deleted

I'm Kevin.

If the KLE plugs are “PureSilver” alloy will they oxidise?
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    If the KLE plugs are “PureSilver” alloy will they oxidise?
    Of course

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    Except silver oxide is still conductive.
    Unfortunately the black tarnish is silver sulphide which is not an oxide or conductive.

I'm James.

I have silver plugs on my Chord cables and they have not tarnished in 3 years.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast