+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fs: M2tech young dac

Bigman80 Guest

Default Fs: M2tech young dac

Hi all,

Up for sale is this very good DAC. I recently bought it to give digital a "fighting chance" but it's just not for me. Whilst this is the best DAC I have personally heard, i really do prefer vinyl. No point being sentimental, so I'm gonna pass this on. The Avondale PSU has a wood veneer on the front which has a minor crack in the top left corner but it's stuck fast so only visual if you're really looking for it.

It comes with the standard PSU and an Avondale linear PSU which I have to say, makes a big difference. Performance is perfect and cosmetic condition is excellent.

One note to mention is *this DAC will NOT work with Windows 10* (Thanks Kevin for the reminder) I spoke directly to the manufacturer and he said, there isn't any firmware or drivers to make it compatible. He did offer a large discount off a new DAC as a PX though, which was nice of him.

£400 delivered

£375 collected.

Last edited by Bigman80; 21-04-2018 at 08:22.

I'm Gary.

Absolutely the best dac you can get under a grand imo (and then the betters at ‘sensible’ money are a matter of a flavour you prefer, rather than intrinsicly better.
    Back in the day, the Young made Audiolab’s MDAC sound fake and digital to me, not even the same level.
    Loved my Young Dac, genuinely a giant killer.

Took something much better (costly) to replace it and now happily running it in my second system knowing its a thousand times better than I’ll ever need in a second Office system.

Buy with confidence folks, especially with the Avondale supply which improves things noticably over the stock wallwart.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post
    Absolutely the best dac you can get under a grand imo (and then the betters at ‘sensible’ money are a matter of a flavour you prefer, rather than intrinsicly better.
    Back in the day, the Young made Audiolab’s MDAC sound fake and digital to me, not even the same level.

Took something much better (costly) to replace it and now happily running it in my second system knowing its a thousand times better than I’ll ever need in a second Office system.

Buy with confidence folks, especially with the Avondale supply which improves things noticably over the stock wallwart.
    Cheers Gaz, it's an excellent DAC, no doubt about it.

I'm Tristan.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post

I concur wholeheartedly. A steal at this price. Pound for pound performance for a dac is unbeatable.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by clap View Post
    I concur wholeheartedly. A steal at this price. Pound for pound performance for a dac is unbeatable.
    Thanks Tristan

I'm Kevin.

If it is still there at the end of the month, it could be tempting as I don’t need the USB functionality with a Windows 10 PC.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    If it is still there at the end of the month, it could be tempting as I don’t need the USB functionality with a Windows 10 PC.
    Ah, thanks CageyH, I forgot that bit. I'll edit the original post and no worries.

Bigman80 Guest

Plot twist!

I'm going to have to withdraw this for the moment.

I'm Kevin.

Let me know if you change your mind.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

Bigman80 Guest

Will do mate. Should know next week.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast