+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Q Acoustics have a new range out

I'm Lawrence.

Default Q Acoustics have a new range out

It's just an "i" upgrade on the 3000s but I know there are a few fans on here. Might see the old range going cheap at dealers.

https://www.whathifi.com/news/q-acou...ource=20180420

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    It's just an "i" upgrade on the 3000s but I know there are a few fans on here. Might see the old range going cheap at dealers.

https://www.whathifi.com/news/q-acou...ource=20180420

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk
    I've just bought (not yet received) a package consisting of Q Acoustic Concept 40 floor standing speakers and a Yamaha RN-803D. I thought it a good deal - and probably this was a good deal because QA have just brought out a new range. But, well I'll let you know how I get on. Fighting with myself about getting a sub but need to hear the system on its own in situ first to see if one is needed or wanted.
    2TB Brennan fed through a Yamaha RN-803D network amp via toslink. The speakers are floor-standing Q Acoustics Concept 40s on spikes. Next up, CD player, turntable, possible sub.

I'm AndrewR.

The 3050 is obscenely good, particularly given the price. All-round brilliant, I love mine a lot. Could do with a tiny smidgen more openness with the treble, but it is still very good in that regard.

Highly musical, engaging, deep bass and great tonality.

Would be interested in hearing the difference between the 3050 and 3050i.

Andrew
    Andrew Randle

I'm steve.

I love my 3050s which beat a lot of far more expensive speakers that I’ve owned. I’ve had to tweak them a little by adding resistive damping in the ports (tightly packed bundles of drinking straws) to suit my room position, the new 3050i has a Helmholtz device internal in the cabinets which does something similar to my mod. They deserve a quality amp, used mine initially with a Yamaha AS501 which sounded good but changing to a Cambridge CXA60 pushed up the SQ several notches particularly at the treble end, if the new model range causes the 3050s to be discounted they’ll be a steal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm steve.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewR View Post
    The 3050 is obscenely good, particularly given the price. All-round brilliant, I love mine a lot. Could do with a tiny smidgen more openness with the treble, but it is still very good in that regard.

Highly musical, engaging, deep bass and great tonality.

Would be interested in hearing the difference between the 3050 and 3050i.

Andrew
    Apparently the 3050i is a completely different speaker, both the tweeter and bass units are different, it has improved cabinet bracing and the Helmholtz pressure equaliser, only retrograde step I can see is the loss of bi-wire capability which I certainly found beneficial on my 3050s.

I'm steve.

Most dealers are now discounting the old model 3050s to £389, a much better bet than buying the 3050i at £649, the new ones will no doubt be very good but I expect the difference in SQ is likely to be very small, will be interesting to see the first reviews of the new model.

I'm Rick.

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z View Post
    Most dealers are now discounting the old model 3050s to £389, a much better bet than buying the 3050i at £649, the new ones will no doubt be very good but I expect the difference in SQ is likely to be very small, will be interesting to see the first reviews of the new model.

On another forum, Karl-Heinz Fink recently said this... "The new 3000i range was the last one I did for Q-Acoustic before I left the party. 3010i is really nice if size matters.......but the star is the 3050i

Best KH".

I'm Mike.

Only found out recently the Q Acoustics is owned by the same company that has QED cables, my colleague used to work for them and he raves on about them.

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

I'm steve.

Default Q Acoustics have a new range out

I think it’s always good when companies bring out new and improved ranges, the great thing about QA is they don’t discontinue the previous range for quite a long time and they tend to get heavily discounted which is great for the budget conscious hifi buyer, I got my 3050s at a great price, even slightly cheaper now. I’ve been through lots of manufacturers speakers over the last 40 years and I think for value/performance Q Acoustics takes some beating, in fact I’ve just bought a pair of the now well discounted Concept 20 stand mounts for my second tier setup in the bedroom, after a weeks break in they are sounding fabulous, in fact they are even better than my 3050s in the treble and midrange, the treble in particular is the best I’ve experienced on any speaker at any price, certainly better than it would be expected on a sub £300 speaker, makes me crave for Concept 40s for the main system, if I just had the cash ☹️
    (Photo of the Concept 20 on my For Sale: Jordan Eikona 2 VTL speakers thread)

Last edited by steve-z; 18-06-2018 at 14:55.

+ Reply to Thread