+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Advice on valve upgrades

I'm Dave.

Some good stuff on Anthony's site .Especially about buying tested etc. Tube distinctions.
    Last edited by jollyfix; 19-04-2018 at 10:39.
    Kraken, Saturn, Emotion, Flying V Rocket, Planets.

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    The problem with Telefunkens can be the price, and the fake versions. Hence the advice to buy from reputable dealers.
    Yes, I avoided price altogether since my post more concerned manufacturing standards. But value does seem to follow in line, and yes it can be high...

Shagged tubes and double triodes with unbalanced sections are rife on eBay, however I have had very few issues with fakes over the years and do slightly wonder if on the forums there isn't a slightly exagerated perception of the problem? Happy to be told otherwise

Yes, I agree good dealers are the route forward if you aren't going to treat valve buying as a sport: the margin buys their experience and prudence, my additional recommendation goes to Edicron, one of the good guys

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

I'm Tony.

NOS Russian tubes can be a real bargain and sound excellent if you know what to look for...
    VPI Scout 1.1, Hana ML, Vanderveen MC10 SUT, WAD Phono3, Rpi3B+/Digione Signature, Xiang Sheng DAC-01, WAD KiT6550 and Reiver Edingdale SR

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12